Chapter 13: Camping

Counting over everything in your bag, you happily zipped it closed, satisfied that you had packed whatever you would need for the long weekend trip. You put on your jacket and took one last glance around and then hung the bag over your shoulder, shutting your room door.

Your boyfriend was on the couch, making sure the first aid kit was up to date and checking the batteries in the flashlights. "Do you think we should stop by the store for more batteries just in case?"

"Nope. We have literally everything we could possibly need." You didn't need to pack food as that was all taken care of through a catering company because of course it was.

Camping was all about using the grill and making some burgers and hotdogs, not smoked salmon and whole baked potatoes with garlic butter that probably costed more than it should. You were thankful for the experience but you missed the way you and your family did camping, using only the necessities and finding ways to solve problems that didn't include calling someone and having them do it for you.

"Okay." He clipped the first aid box closed and carried it to the door, where a small black suitcase sat. "Let's go."

"You're really bringing a suitcase? Don't you have a backpack or something?"

"I don't own a backpack." Of course he didn't. You left the apartment and helped him carry some of the stuff into the elevator.

Once you made it down to the parking garage, you were walking towards his car when he called you over. "We can't take that car."

"Oh." You paused and went back to him. "Did you rent a car then?"

"Nope." He pulled some keys from his pocket and pressed the button, alerting a shiny brand new truck that you were right in front of. The sound of the beep made you jump as you stared in shock. "Don't tell me you a bought a new car just for this?"

"Obviously I did not. I've owned this truck for a few years. Don't really get to drive it as much in the city."

He grabbed the bags off the floor and loaded them in the back while you climbed into the monstrosity of a truck and buckled yourself in. He got in afterwards and cranked the heat up as it was a bit chilly and rubbed his hands together.

"Let's get this trip started, shall we?" He said as he drove off, leaving the skyscrapers and coffee shops on every block behind.

Pulling up to the camping park was an experience. It was a beautiful park but it had been redecorated with extravagant tents which could only be described as glamping. There was even an inflatable park for kids that was better than anything you had ever seen.

"Wow."

He glanced at you as he turned to park on the grass. "Yeah. It's...different."

"Uh huh." You couldn't help but continue to stare since everything amazed you.

"I know it looks different but it's still going to be fun. Plus there's organized activities on the itinerary like a scavenger hunt."

"There's an itinerary?" You asked.

"Yeah...didn't you get it?" He pulled his phone out of his jacket pocket and unlocked it. "I'll forward it to you."

A second later, your phone vibrated in your own pocket and you quickly pulled it out and opened up the email.

Upon arrival please sign in and pick up your name tag and the number for your assigned tent! The schedule for today is as follows below:

11:00 am - welcome and unpack
12:00 pm- 1:00 pm - lunch
1:00 pm - social circle
1:45 pm - fishing
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm - swimming
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm - break
6:00 pm - 7:00pm - dinner
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm - bonfire & champagne
8:00pm - rest