PROLOGUE

The Night Before Her

She was undeniably gorgeous. I could never be able to forget how she was able to tame me so easily in front of hundreds of people when she didn't even know I was there.

Well, here to be exact.

After drinking my third glass of champagne, I was finally brave enough to leave the hall and went straight to the smoking area. Amidst the unhealthy chemicals I've been blowing off for the past five minutes now, I must say, I still feel quite lively rather than feeling all dead.

Maybe it must be because of her.

Hilarious, as my family would say, but I couldn't even bring myself to deny how my heart skipped a beat when I saw her with her long, tight black dress, walking around and greeting her fellow guests.

She was made for this.

Born for this.

Maybe smoking right now was a good chance of clearing my thoughts.

She's a little too far. Running around the whole planet won't even make me, at the very least, worthy of her.

"Shit."

I cursed under my breath.

Imagine? Me? Doubting my worth because a woman suddenly just stepped into my life?

Although, wasn't it my fault because it was actually me who encouraged her to do so?

All of those simple moments we had. The sweet nothings we whispered. The drinks we've drank. Foods we've eaten. Songs we've sung.

Never in my life would I think that such normal things would be appreciated and treasured by me.

I never pleaded nor cried in literal sense. I have maybe let out tears while cutting onions, but when it hurts, I just stare and keep quiet. Sometimes, I go violent and become destructive. Everything I wanted were either gotten, or left alone. If I couldn't get it, then I can't. And when I can, then I take it.

Funny to think, she's one of those that I desire.