Chapter 7

[Few More Hours]

[...]

8:37 a.m
Daegu

Hyun - 🐇

Irene got wasted.

Morning came and she laid flat on her bed, unconscious as if she never got to rest for almost a week.

Her alarm had always been enough for her to wake up yet unfortunately for her today, it wasn't. Another alarm came but again, no response from her.

Why?

Because Irene Bae got wasted.

However, how the fuck would Taeyong know that?

"She's not picking up," Taeyong muttered and stared at his phone, silently praying that Irene would call him back immediately. "What if something happened to her?"

Jessica rolled her eyes and threw her phone on the couch before sitting next to him.

"Why do you think she left, Yong?"

"To have fun?" The boy answered questioningly.

"Precisely," Jessica smiled and pat his back. "Do you think she'll wake up at this hour when she has nothing to do? It's Irene we're talking about. She probably already had fun last night. Just stay calm and let her rest."

That made sense.

Taeyong sighed and nodded his head. He stood up, thanked the brunette, and left to make himself a cup of hot chocolate.

He knew that already. Of course, it's obvious that Irene would go to clubs and parties without hesitation. Especially since her most trusted cousin resides there. But Taeyong couldn't help to worry.

Apparently, his feelings for Irene were real.

Maybe it was just adoration, but he was sure he liked her. It's adolescence, they say. Irene thought so too and didn't care much about his antics. Surely she wouldn't. She's practically four years older than him. She's still a young adult and he's a minor.

But in Taeyong's case? He didn't need to think about the age. It didn't matter. After all, he won't do anything to get Irene anyway.

His offers of dates came from his adoration but he wasn't so stupid to not think that he'll never have a chance.

Because that was the truth.

And it was fine.

Irene's been a good older sister to him. It wouldn't hurt much to just admire her from afar. Irene's not dense. She knew about this anyway.

"You think he really likes Irene?" Kai questioned no one.

"Yes." Sehun plainly answered, acknowledging Kai's presence and question to not embarrass him as he knew that the boy wouldn't dare ask Jessica directly anyway.

"Isn't that odd?" Kai continued.

"Look at Irene, brother. Taeyong's still a kid. It's easy for him to like someone pretty and kind. Plus, she takes care of him and is carefree around him. Now keep quiet, I'm watching the news."

Kai rolled his eyes and slumped lazily on the chair.

'I wonder if adoration really works.' He thought and took a peek at Jessica.

The girl kept herself immersed in the comic book she was reading and his glances went unnoticed.

'Maybe we never really liked each other.'