Reunion

Valerie had been through hell before. The day her mom died and every day that she lived with her alcoholic dad.

The day Brandon tore her dad to pieces.

And the day Brandon destroyed his home in the town of Brightburn....

And yet, as Valerie drove the van back to the gallery with a metallic hand engulfing her neck, her heart just couldn't stop beating so fast. Her mind was racing. She almost missed 2 stop lights before whatever was in the car with her warned her to not make a scene again.

You would've thought she'd never been through a terrifying day in her life.

Valerie pulled into the back of the gallery, a loading ramp perfect for...what she was about to do.

When Valerie's hand touched the handle of the door she felt the hold on her neck tense. No pressure added, just a flexing of muscles that made her stiffen.

"I'm going to unlock the door and get you inside." She said softly, freezing in place to be as compliant as possible.

The hand relaxed, long fingers hesitantly sliding off her neck. The hand lingered, fingers brushing her collarbone.

Valerie shivered.

Why did that touch feel so...familiar?

Valerie shook her head, her heart was racing. She gripped the keys in her hand with a tense grip and pushed the front door open. Next she pulled open the garage, the rollers on it creaking louder than she ever remembered them creaking.

Sneaking around always made everything seem like an explosion instead of a rumble.

She rushed back to open the back doors of the van and immediately took a few steps back.

The man, creature...thing stumbled forward. Hand covering it's side in pain, it groaned as it jumped down from the truck.

It fell backwards so Valerie tried to grab him. She was sure this thing was a he anyway. He hissed angrily at her touch, arm moving to block her. Valerie pulled back quickly,

"I'm just trying to help you." Valerie frowned, "you can barely stand."

The creature hesitated, but as Valerie put her arms around the large metal frame to help him stand, this time he didn't fight back.

She led him into the work area. Not the greatest of ideas to bring a seemingly angry alien into an area where art was being restored. But where else was she supposed to go with this guy?

The bathroom?

Valerie cringed at the thought.

She released the large groaning man against the work desk, at this point, she was absolutely sure he was male. She didn't feel any boobs as she led him inside, and the voice was unmistakably masculine.

Still, she retreated from him the moment she let go of his arm.

Valerie tried to grapple with reality here. This was an alien. She was sure of it. Nothing about the armor it wore looked human made.

Had she not already had her own alien encounter with Brandon she'd be freaking out right now.

I will come back!

Valerie shakily breathed in. No, this couldn't be him. Brandon would kill her the moment he saw her wouldn't he? He was so angry with her. So...betrayed...that wasn't him all those years ago. He'd never forgive her for what she did. He'd neevr understand and he'd never want her help.