Chapter 5 - Enemies to friends

{November 10th 202X, 8:00am}

Everyone was told to wake up at 8am and gather at 9am so both Tsukasa and Rui woke up at 8am, then they got ready and went down to join everyone else.  As they got down, Rui was having some thought.

Rui's POV: Right now I get to have the chance to apolgise to Tsukasa-kun, but if I apolgise now, would it be too sudden? I mean just because he also plays Genshin Impact, it doesn't mean he will accept my apolgise. Maybe I should observe more of Tsukasa-kun's personality before I apolgise, and maybe I would try to be nice to him for once.

Once it's finally 9am, everyone set off to their activities for the day. Their first activity is where they will go to a certain hilltop for bird-watching. As they were walking up the hill, a snake was approaching Tsukasa but he didn't realise it. Fortunately, Rui found out about the snake as it is about to climb up Tsukasa's leg.

(Rui, Tsukasa, Ena)

'Tsukasa-kun! Look out! There is a snake!'

'Hmm? AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!'

As soon as Tsukasa spotted the snake, Tsukasa quickly backs up.

'...Did you...saved me from getting bitten by a snake...?'

Rui's eyeballs looked slightly at the side saying,'...Yes, I did, but that doesn't mean-'

'Boys, hurry up! Everyone has almost reached the bird-watching area.'

{November 10th 202X, 10:00pm}

Just before they are about to sleep, Tsukasa wants to talk to Rui about something.

'Hey, Rui.'

'Hm?'

'Rui, thank you for saving me from a snake bite earlier today, if it wasn't for you I would have gotten a bruise on my leg right now. Also while we're still here, I would like to apologise for hating on you since freshmen year, I guess I was wrong about you after the snake incident earlier today.'

(Did he...apologised first?! I guess being nice to him for once really paid off...)

'*fufu* Well then, I'm actually also planning to apologise to you today.'

The two of them shook hands, as a symbol of 'befriend success'.

{November 11th 202X, 8:00am}

The next day is their last day of the field trip, everyone packed up all their belongings and checked out of their hotel room. Everyone placed their big belongings in the bus and gathered up outside the bus.

(A/N's note: Again I would like to apologise in advance for skipping the content of day 3's activities. In short, they all got sorted into groups of 5 and did a treasure hunt.)

{November 11th 202X, 3:00pm}

It's finally the end of the field trip, everyone got on the bus drove back to the school. One hour later as they got to the school, everyone was free to got home.

And now, Rui and Tsukasa are finally developing a positive bond between them.