Chapter 9 - A Valentines' Day surprise

{11th February 202X, 4:15pm}

Since Valentine's Day is around the corner, the Cooking Club created a workshop to teach students who are non-Cooking Club members to make homemade chocolate.

Since Tsukasa found the workshop interesting, he decided to join it after school. As the workshop started, they were told to spilt into groups of 3, Tsukasa got into a group with Akito and Mizuki.

(Tsukasa, Mizuki, Akito, Airi, Emu)

'Eh? Mizuki? You joined the workshop too?'

'Oh hey! Tsukasa-senpai! I didn't know you're interested in this workshop too! Eh? Hey, Ototo-kun!'

'...Akiyama? Tsukasa-senpai?'

'I'm just curious, why did you join this workshop? Who are you planning to make chocolate for? I joined this workshop for Ena *hehe*. It's your choice if you want to tell us, no judgement.'

'I joined this workshop for Toya.'

'I see. What about you, Tsukasa-senpai?'

'I...I joined the workshop...for...(in a quiet voice) for Rui...'

(EHHH?!?! Tsukasa-senpai has a thing for Rui?! But since when?!?!)

'I see.'

(Tee hee...)

'Good afternoon, students! Since Valentines' Day is just around the corner, let's make some homemade chocolate.'

'You can later give them to your loved ones, like your friends and family, or your partner if you have one *hehe*.'

'Anyways, we will guide you step by step on how to make homemade chocolate, and we will also teach you how to fold boxes and write little Valentines' Day tags along with the boxes.'

[Time skipped to 1 hour later]

{11th February 202X, 5:15pm}

'That's all for today's workshop, have a great day and Happy Valentines' Day in advance!'

Tsukasa left the workshop with a box of chocolate in his hands, he went out to find Rui, hoping Rui haven't left the school yet. Fortunately, Tsukasa found Rui by the lockers, Tsukasa quickly rushed to Rui.

(Tsukasa, Rui)

'Oi, Rui!'

'Eh? Tsukasa-kun? I surprised you haven't left school yet.'

'What a coincidence because I'm also surprised that YOU haven't left school yet either.'

'...Well I volunteered to help my friend, Mizuki to take care of the school's greenhouse today, and it took us longer than we thought.'

'Alright everything aside, I joined the Valentines' Day workshop by the Cooking Club today and these chocolate are for you,' as Tsukasa hands over the box to Rui.

'Also, thank you so much for saving me from that gas leak accident the other day. I guess I was wrong about you all along, you're a kind person who always look out for others in danger, and I'm also starting to develop feelings for you-'

'Uhh...Tsukasa-kun? Are you alright?'

It turns out Tsukasa was slowly spacing out of the conversation, the box of chocolate was still in Tsukasa's hands.

'UWAAAA!!!! Uhh anyways, this is for you,' as Tsukasa hands over the box to Rui.

Rui opened the box and found chocolate,'Eh? Chocolate?'

'So there was this workshop at school today where we get to make chocolate, I joined it out of curiosity. And you know Valentines' Day is around the corner, so I wanted to give away chocolate to the people I love, like my family and friends.'

'That is...very nice of you, Tsukasa-kun, thank you.'

'You're welcome. See you tomorrow!'

'See you!'

As they walked out of the school in their seperate ways, both of them have some thoughts of their own.

(Phew! Luckily he didn't notice that I was trying to confess...)

(Oh wow, a box of chocolate from Tsukasa-kun as a Valentines' Day present? Cut it, don't think about it too deep, he gave it to me as a friend and that's all...)