x.

__________________

Two weeks had passed like drawing nails on a chalkboard, time often screeching to a halt painfully

Two weeks had passed like drawing nails on a chalkboard, time often screeching to a halt painfully. She had been on missions, dealing devastating damage to Resistance ships and bases with Kylo at her side, forever silent and lacking interaction. She had tried several times to speak to him to understand why he refused to spend time with her or even speak to her, but he would always answer the same.

I have duties to attend to. Or, I have nothing to talk about.

It started to sting. It's not like she thought of him as a friend but she thought he would at least ensure that she wasn't completely alone on her first time away from home. Maybe she thought wrong. She was mistaken to think he was a good man- she didn't even know anything about him. She knew his name and the world he came from. Nothing about his life before the First Order, what he did when he wasn't performing duties- anything.

She wasn't sure why she cared. There was something about him. He was the scorching fire you can't help but be drawn to on a cold night. A certain magnetism that pulled her towards him no matter how hard she resisted.

The sting had been pooling into a rage. She tried to empty her mind of him but his dark eyes kept tearing through the wall in her mind. She stared out of the window, she estimated it was around midday. Even though she could leave her quarters, they still felt like a prison. The whole place felt like a prison.

She just wanted to go home. Her heart yearned for it. She missed her sisters, she missed just speaking to someone. A conversation about more than just 'crushing the resistance'. Surely, it wouldn't be too much to ask if she could return for a day or two.

She stood from her bed weakly, she hadn't gotten up all day. Her platinum hair fell messily by her face, her fingers beginning to weave it into a delicate braid. She watched her nimble fingers in the mirror, her brows furrowed in concentration. She was wearing a simple black gown that met the floor softly, the colour blending in with every other colour in the room.

She sighed softly, psyching herself up to face Kylo Ren.

Astraea's feet carried her out of her quarters and towards Kylo's own. The corridors were silent, her footsteps echoing off of every surface with urgency. Once she ended up outside his door, she raised her hand to knock but her knuckles froze above the dark metal. She breathed a nervous breath and knocked, the sound echoing around the corridor.

She waited, and waited, but there was no answer. She doubted he would ignore her so the only conclusion she could come to was that he was simply not there. She would need to ask around. She set off towards the war room, where General Hux frequented. She didn't like the General much but he was most likely to know where Kylo Ren was.

After passing through many hatches and dark hallways, her feet met the floor outside the war room. She puffed out a breath, she didn't like General Hux much, preferring to speak to him as little as possible. She stepped in towards the lanky general, his back turned to her as he seemed to be reading a report. He didn't bother to look up so she was unsure if he had even realised her presence.