iii.

________________

After discovering the history of the Olympians, confusion still floated around his mind

After discovering the history of the Olympians, confusion still floated around his mind. The Olympians are a mix of a powerful extinct creature and a human, but that still didn't explain how Astraea could reach into his mind.

He had learned that Astraea was one of the Elite, the group of women he had encountered previously. Astraea was the leader but he just still didn't understand. A member of the Elite- Aphrodite, if he could remember her name, had led them to separate rooms for the night, the woman insisting they rest inside the palace.

He sat on the bed staring into space, his mind racing. Snoke had always told him that no one was more powerful than their supreme leader but, he was beginning to have doubts. If Astraea herself had the powers of a Jedi and a Sith, and more, she was bound to be able to overthrow him.

He stood from the four poster bed and paced along the now off-white marble floors, his heavy metal boots clunking as he stepped. None of this made sense. The Sith were the most powerful beings to ever exist. The Olympians weren't meant to exist.

The deep monster in him couldn't stand that there was someone, a woman of all people, could overpower him. He wanted to eliminate the threat, he needed to. However, the somewhat rational side of him knew that if he wanted to destroy the Jedi once and for all, he couldn't do it alone. He needed all the power he could get.

His hands almost trembled and he couldn't understand why- he wasn't scared or nervous- he couldn't explain what he felt.

He looked around the room, reassessing his surroundings for a moment. The room was candlelit, four small spheres of light in each corner of the room- much like the one Astraea had conjured earlier.

He wasn't used to a grand room. Back on the Finalizer, his room was cold and dark. There was no decoration but the colourful spines of books that he didn't read often.

Two pure white doors with sparkling gold handles lay parallel to the windows, presumably leading out onto a balcony. He reached out and fondled the handle, twisting it and pushing the door open softly.

He walked out into the warm air, the bright moonlight casting a dark shadow behind him. Golden torches on platinum posts lined the path that leads into the palace, their orange embers dancing slowly in the wind.

He looked back up to the large circular moon, wisps of blue surrounding it. The sky was immaculately clear, not a single cloud floated in the dark sky. His eyes darted toward the path again when he heard light footsteps, taking quick strides. He could not mistake the long white hair that flowed softly behind the unknown person.

Astraea.

He wondered curiously where she would be going at this time of night, alone. It made him suspicious. There was something about her that he couldn't quite understand. Something he had never seen in another person. Something- different.

Thankfully, when he decided he wanted to follow her the balcony wasn't far from the ground. An iron pole connected the balcony to the ground, Kylo gripping it with his hands and legs, sliding to the ground.

He kept to the grass as the grass masked the sound of his heavy boots, ensuring Astraea didn't hear him as he followed her. She continued down a dark path, the trail of her dark green dress dragging behind her as she walked faster.

They twisted around a sharp corner before Astraea approached a large stone wall, a handprint activated door flat in the middle. Astraea slid in before he had the chance to slide in behind her.

He would have to scale the wall.

After he finally yanked himself up the wall and landed on the soft grass on the other side, he stayed in a crouched position to avoid detection. The torches above lent just enough light for him to make out the faint footprints in the soft mud, taking off into what looked like a forest.

He became more suspicious as he stood up, following the footprints. She was obviously hiding something, especially if she was leaving the palace in the dead of night. He walked for about five minutes when the torches came to a stop and trees started to disperse, his ears beginning to pick up deep heavy breathing in the close perimeter.

Confusion spilled through his mind as he reached the clearing, his eyes widening at the sight. A colossal winged creature towered over Astraea, it's deep amber eyes training on Astraea below it as she ran her hands along its long snout. The creature seemed to enjoy this affection, nuzzling its snout against her.

He took another step forward, a loud twig snapped under his heavy boot. The creature's head jerked suddenly, a deep growl erupting from its throat. It's head whipped in his direction, it's glowing amber eyes narrowing with hatred.