xix.

She wasn't going to leave him

She wasn't going to leave him. All Leia had asked of her was to ensure Kylo Ren's safety.

Explosions rocked the base, making it hard to take two steps without almost losing her balance. She intended to circle around to the base to where he took off to. She knew Finn was here and no doubt would come into contact with Kylo's wrath. She had to stop that from happening.Stormtroopers swarmed the corridors, fighting to stay on their feet just like Astraea did. They were all fleeing towards the ships or being commanded to join the aerial fight. She felt grossly out of place- the sound of the explosions, screams and the pounding of her heart in her ears made her feel like the walls were closing in.

She leaned on the wall for a moment, trying to calm her mind and body. This base was going to blow. She had to get him out of there before it was too late.

She pushed on towards the direction Kylo had taken off, fighting through hordes of stormtroopers going the opposite way. Her shoulders ached from the many times they'd been pushed past. She was supposed to be their high-ranking official so if this was any other time, they would have been punished. She couldn't blame them for being scared, she was too.Another booming explosion smashed into the roof, throwing Astraea and many other troopers to the floor, the roof caving in and splitting the corridor behind her in half. Her vision blurred as a sea of white swarmed her eyes, dizziness filling her head as she stood up shakily again. She had to get out of this pile-up before they all got up again.

She pushed white bodies to the side and fought her way out. Her chest heaved, the panic was setting but she couldn't stop. The ringing in her ears never went away, only louder. She finally made it out of the crowd, taking off in a sprint towards Kylo. She hoped it wasn't too late. She ran as fast as her legs would permit, the sound of her boots hitting the metal echoed in the narrow corridors.

She came up to double doors, like the ones he had left her for. She had to be on the other side of them now. She pushed them open, revealing a dome-like area with a tunnel going down for miles, possibly. She looked ahead, seeing Rey and Finn on a railing directly opposite her. She let out a sigh of relief, clearly, the rescue worked. Astraea tilted her head as she noticed they were looking down in horror.

Astraea followed their eyes until they landed on Kylo and an older man. They stood in close proximity on a precarious platform- one misstep and they would plummet miles. She couldn't hear what they were saying but could just make out the look on Kylo's face. It was pained. It started to make sense.

That was Han Solo. His father.

She watched closely with apprehension. Sometimes she forgot that she was the only one he was gentle with. She couldn't see this ending well. She squinted as she saw his lightsaber glinting in the moonlight that shone into the dome- he seemed to be handing it over. She gasped in disbelief. Was he giving up on the dark side?

She flinched as she watched the red blade suddenly ignite, its harsh light poking out of the back of Han Solo... right where his heart was.Time seemed to stand still as she heard the screams of Rey and Finn. Han Solo's hand raised weakly to caress his son's face before his legs gave out under him, his limp body swaying off of the platform. His body fell in slow motion as he plummeted into the tunnel.