Chapter 10 -The Awkward Dinner 🖤

3rd Person (P.O.V)

"Well that was a complete disaster". Vision said as he was driving Wanda back to her house.

Wanda just stayed quiet rubbing her baby bump. Unable to meet Vision's eyes she had never expected the meeting to go well but surely not the way it turned out with Rosalie nearly attacking her.

---

"I don't want you to resent me if you had to choose between your families". Wanda said as Vision had parked in front of the house. He looked at her in shock but she held up her hand up to stop him from speaking. "I've never had a big family neither have you. I have seen the way you care for your adopted family I just wanted things to work out so that our twins could have a big family". Wanda finished with tears in her eyes.

"Darling I care for my adoptive family but you and the twins come first. I'm not saying I will cut them off unless necessary I adore Esme I don't remember much of my human life she's the only mother I ever had". Vision said caressing his mate cheek.

"I understand now Visz, I'm sorry for pushing you". Wanda sighed completely emotionally exhausted but you know the day was far from over. "So now that we got the visit out of the way, are you ready to help announce to my dad of my pregnancy and help me hide the guns". Wanda said trying to lighten the mood a bit even though all she wanted to do was to sink into her bed for a week.

"Don't you think that's being a bit dramatic". Vision said confused as he helped Wanda out of the car.

"Visz you do realize Charlie is a police officer who's going to be told he's going to be a grandfather from his teen daughter who had yet to announce any type of relationship". Wanda said raising her brow.

"Alright darling". Vision said grimacing as he knew their news would make chief Swan hate him and want to kill him.

----

Wanda and Vision cooked together like they had done in their previous life. Bella had made her presence known momentarily when they entered the house but disappeared after being glared at.

Wanda finished the last of the cooking when Vision told her he heard Charlie's police cruiser pulling into the neighborhood. She honestly knew this meeting would also be a disaster but at least they hid all of her dad's guns and hid the key really well as she didn't want to use her powers on him.

Wanda had done a lot of self reflection during her time in her new world and she didn't want to use her powers on people unless it was absolutely necessary. She also made an exception to her rule by the name of Isabella Swan.

"Are you really Darling?". Vision asked Wanda as he took her hand into his.

"Ready as I can be". Wanda said sighed as the front door opened.

----

Charlie Swan isn't usually taken off guard easily it comes with the job of law-enforcement. The last time he was taken off guard was when Bella had announced she wanted to move in.

Entering his home after a long day he just wanted to unwind with a game and a couple of beers. He didn't expect to see his youngest daughter standing with a boy and dinner ready in his kitchen.

"Welcome home dad". Wanda said to a bewildered Charlie.

"Ahh Wanda what's going on?". Charlie as cautiously as he has a feeling his world was going to be turned upside down.

"Dad I wanted to introduce you to Vision Cullen, my boyfriend". Wanda said smiling tightly. "Visz this is my dad Chief Swan". Wanda said noticing as Charlie had stiffened at the word boyfriend.

"It's nice to meet you sir". Vision said politely to a statue Charlie.

"You too?". Charlie questioned completely still as he processed his daughter words.

"Let's eat". Wanda say trying to ignore the uncomfortable atmosphere.

Dinner was completely uncomfortable with Charlie clearing daggers at Vision. Bella played with her food and Wanda was stuck in her head trying to figure out how to bring up the subject of her pregnancy.

She hadn't noticed she hadn't touched her food and Bella had left halfway through the dinner. Wanda instinctively rubbed her baby bump under the table it's a habit she now does when nervous.

Charlie cleared his throat to get his daughter attention to which she jumped. He's noticed her odd behavior since her last visit, he's tried to give her time and space but he couldn't do it anymore he needed to know what was going on to put such a drastic change in Wanda.

He honestly knew it wasn't the revelation of her relationship and she still looked worried even after announcing it. Even to his dismay of the thought of his princess growing up there was more to the dinner she prepared.

"Wanda what's going on you dodged my question earlier and there has to be more to this dinner then introducing Vision as your boyfriend". Charlie said as his voice cracked at the end.

He had nothing against the boy as he had told his girls the Cullen family has never given him a problem since they moved to town a few years prior. And honestly his daughter could have done worse even though he would preferred if she was in her 30s before dating like any father would.

It didn't escape him when Wanda and Vision shared a look. Charlie honestly can say he felt dread crawling up his phone and his world turned upside down at the words that left his daughter mouth.

"Your going to be a grandpa, dad". Wanda said grabbing Vision hand for support as she saw the color drain from Charlie's face.

"Come again?". Charlie asked as his voice crack thinking he missed heard her. The word grandpa rang in his head multiple times as he saw the nervous smile on Wanda's face.

"I'm pregnant with twin boys". Wanda said as she stood up revealing her baby bump through her shirt.

Charlie Swan can advocate the only time he ever fainted was when Renee told him of her pregnancy with Bella. He didn't registered he passed out until he heard Wanda scream.

Wanda was startled as her dad fell out of his chair onto the floor. She honestly expected screaming and yelling but not him passing out.

"Well that went better than expected". Vision said earning a glare from Wanda.

"Now isn't the time for jokes Visz help me get him to the couch. Be prepared for the lecture and threats your going to get when he wakes up". Wanda said as Vision sighed getting up to pick up his future father-in-law.

Wanda sighed following Vision who held her dad up over his shoulder. She immediately went to his service gun to hide it too. All she wanted was to go to sleep but that wouldn't be happening for a few more hours.

Wanda closed the drawer to the table they held a few picture frames near the stairs as she heard footsteps coming down. Bella walked down the stairs completely confused at the loud thump she had heard from her room.

"What's going on down here?". Bella asked an irritated voice as she had not wanted to be around her awkward family after that dinner.

"Dad fainted". Wanda said shrugging not making a big deal out of it as she walked past Bella not wanting to give any more explanation.