Vacation!!

A/N: Sophie and Fitz are elves in the lost cities.  They work with the Black Swan and against the Never-seen.  Sophie also works with the Council (The Elves royalty).  She recently took items from one of the Neverseen's warehouses and burned whatever they couldn't carry.  She and Fitz are going on a week trip to New York while the adults research what they found.

3 days earlier: Sophie's POV

"Are you almost packed," Fitz asked, suddenly appearing in the doorway.

"Yep.  Just getting the last couple of things," I said as I packed Ella, my blue elephant I can't sleep without, and some goblin throwing stars in my backpack.  "I'm so excited! I haven't been to the Forbidden Cities in forever!  Did you ever go to New York in your search for me?"

"I might have, but I won't know until we go there," Fitz replied as I zipped up my bag and Fitz flashed me one of his movie star smiles and we walked downstairs, holding hands.  We were boyfriend/girlfriend for a little while but then we broke up and came back together just recently after a little while.  When we emerged in the living room Alden, Della, Grady, and Edaline were waiting for them and we said our goodbyes.  Then Edaline gave me one more hug and stepped back as I opened the door.  

Then I started running as quick as I could it didn't take long before Fitz was lagging behind and then I cracked open a hole in the Void and pictured New York in all its glory clear in my mind.  This whole process is teleporting an ability/power that only I have.  All I have to do is imagine a place and a crack in the world and then I will go in there and my instincts take over for me after that.  Once we cam out and into New York we would have fallen a couple of feet but luckily with shaky levitation, we managed to make a smooth landing.  

"I hope most of New York isn't like this," Fitz observed.  We had just landed in a dark back alley I walked out of the alley and saw the Empire state building in the distance.  I looked around and saw the hotel and found the hotel we were supposed to be staying at.  Then I grabbed Fitz's hand and I started walking towards the building.

"Hi, we have a room here under Forkle. Can you just get us the keys and that'll be fine for right now," I said.

"Here you go.  If you need anything else just call the number on the phone.  Enjoy your stay," The clerk said.  We went up the stairs and found out that our room was 233 and found the door after a little bit of searching.

"I don't know whether to be impressed or scared about how you ordered that lady around," Fitz said as he plopped down.  He never knew about servants or slaves because there were none in the lost cities.

"Believe it or not that is how most hotels are," I explained to him from my room.  In our room, we got two bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a living room, and a little kitchen off to the side. "Well, what do you want to do right now," I asked as I came out of the room, "We could play a board game or walk around."

"How about we go play a board game, then go walk to a place where we could eat," Fitz negotiated.

"Fine," I said, giving in.  After beating him in 4 rounds of the game he claimed I was cheating and we went out to a place for dinner and then went back home to watch a movie.  It was probably one of the best nights of my life.