Chapter Fifteen: Red-Handed.

Once upon a time, an evil queen banished every storybook character you've ever known to our world. Who knows the truth and who can break the spell?

David was at the police station and in the interrogation room, Emma walked toward him with a mug of coffee. He looked up and took the cup from her hands, he cleared his throat. "Thank you," he said softly. "I hope Kathryn is somewhere warm. Not out in the cold." He didn't look up when he spoke about Kathryn.

"David," Emma said softly. He looked up at her with a frown. "I think you need to start worrying about yourself a little bit more here. Your wife is missing. You are in love with another woman." She turned slightly as she picked up a copy of the call logs, and handed it to him. "There's this unexplained phone call..."

David looked at the paper in his hand. "I know. I know. I just..." he took in a breath. "I can't explain why it says that." He looked up at her. "I didn't do anything to my wife."

Emma looked at him with sad eyes. "I'm pretty good at spotting a liar, and honestly, liars have better material," she said softly.

David breathed out a sigh of relief and looked away from Emma. He was feeling relief that Emma believed him and that he wasn't a suspect in his wife's disappearance.

"Now, go home," Emma ordered. She stood up and set the mug down on the desk, turning her back toward David.

He looked up, confused. "I can go?" he asked.

She opened the door of her office, turned her body, and looked at him. "We don't even know if there was a crime yet. So, get some sleep."

He set his mug down on the desk as well and stood up. "Thank you," he said, he had just walked past her when she called to him.

"And, David, maybe get a lawyer," she suggested.

David turned to look at her for a moment, then he looked down at the floor. He was considering it then he left the building and went back to his home.

A wolf was howling in the distance while Ruby's red car was outside of Granny's Diner. Ruby was in the diner and standing in front of August, she was leaning on the chair with a smile on her face. "You can't be serious," she said to him. "A whole year without a roof over your head?" She sounded amazed.

"You get used to it," he said. "And plus I had the motorcycle, so if I didn't like a place after a while..." he clicked his tongue and imitated a whooshing sound, and made a hand gesture of him riding away on his bike.

"Ruby?" Granny called out to her granddaughter, she looked over at her behind the book as she shook her head at Ruby.

Ruby sighed and stood up straighter. "I've never even been out of Storybrooke," she admitted, it was lame but it was the truth. "What was your favorite place?"

"Nepal," August said without even hesitating. "Best people. They have these prayer temples, carved into mountains that are overrun with lemurs."

Ruby leaned in a little. "What's a lemur?" she asked.

"Ruby!" Granny called out to her once again.

"Just give me a sec!" she called back to her, looking over her shoulder at her Granny and then back at August.

August tilted his head up slightly. "They're little animals. Yeah." He nodded once. "And they have these eyes that reflect light, so at night it looks like they glow." He smiled at her.

"Ruby, stop flirting and get over here!" Granny said irritably, she knocked on the counter and Ruby turned around to face her grandmother with a hateful expression.