►putain j'ai aimé

Marie gasped, holding onto her chest as she ran from her house, leaving a stumped Benedict standing in her drawing room. She ran down her front lawn, through a wicket fence and rounding the corner, her fist manically pounding against the Featherington's door. Mrs Featherington opened the door, her annoyed expression turning to feigned delight as she saw Marie. "Good morning, Princess Howard. What do I owe the honour?" Mrs Featherington straightened out her turquoise dress, fluttering her eyelashes at Marie with a crooked smile. "Good day, Mrs Featherington. Is it okay if I have tea with Penelope? She offered afternoon tea, but my business with her is urgent," Marie smiled, stepping into the home as she heard Benedict's confused voice call for her from her opened door. "Why of course," Mrs Featherington stood there delighted, beckoning the Princess into her home. "I'll get the tea straight away, Penelope should be in her room," Mrs Featherington smiled before hurrying to the kitchen. 

Marie almost ran up the stairs, pulling her dress up above her ankles in the most unladylike fashion, bolting through the rooms until she ran into Penelope on the third floor. "Ah, Miss Howard. I wasn't expecting you until later today," Penelope smiled, hiding her ink-stained hands in the folds of her dress. "Well I have urgent business to attend with you, where is your room and is it a private attire?" Marie asked, getting a nod from Penelope who seemed to understand the urgency of the situation. Marie followed Penelope, ignoring the boggling stares of the other two Featherington sisters, and  walked into Penelope's room with a relieved sigh. Penelope grabs her embroided stitching and continues to poke at the canvas with her pin, lying down and waiting for Marie to start. "You have such a lovely room," Marie commented, the amount of awful manners she had just committed finally catching up with her. Her eyes scanned the room, looking pitifully at the awfully plain room Penelope was given. There was a plain wooden wardrobe, filled with yellow puffy dresses and jewelled shoes. Her room also included a plain-linen bed and a desk covered in ink stains. "You write letters?" Marie asked, tracing her hand over the fresh stains. "Oh not quite-" Penelope started but the creak of her door stopped her.

"Here, Princess Howard, is your tea. Hopefully Penelope isn't being too much of a bother, she likes to talk a lot," Mrs Featherington laughed, setting a tray of tea down. "Oh, not at all," Marie smiled, setting her hands down on her lap as she placed herself on the edge of Penelope's bed. "Prudence and Phillipa can be much better company sometimes, they are fabulous listeners and are very interested in the French royal family. I hear you have some cousins in look for courting?" Mrs Featherington smiled, baring her rotting teeth. "Indeed, however I am-" Marie began but Penelope thankfully interrupted. "We have important business Mama," She smiled, letting Mrs Featherington retreat out the room, the two young girls waiting  to hear their footsteps fade before beginning their conversation over. 

"What is so important Marie?" Penelope asked, placing the embroidery down and putting her hand on the young royal's shoulder. Marie hugged the girl, letting Penelope pat her back as if she were a young girl. "What's wrong?" She asked, stroking Marie's hair in her messy plait. "Fuck, I liked it," Marie whispered, only loud enough for herself to hear.

Marie explained the situation to Penelope, asking for explicit advice. "Oh Marie, you two are in love. It's so bloody obvious everyone else can see it apart from you. Why do you think the Queen put you together in the partnership dance at Sommerset House? And why Lady Whistledown doesn't shut up about you two? You're perfect together," Penelope assured the stressing girl, smiling at her woefully. "You think?" Marie asked, her eyes slightly watery. "I'm sure," Penelope nodded, talking about the pair once more. 

After they had finished their tea, Marie cautiously returned to her home, breathing out when Bea spoke of Benedict's leaving. "The Queen has requested a short dinner with you tonight," Bea told Marie, leading her up to redo her hair and pick out a new dress. "Of course," Marie breathed out, pulling out a corset from one of her mahogany drawers and pulling it over her head so Bea could begin on the strings.

►►►

► Marie's hair 

► Marie's hair 

► Marie's dress

► Marie's dress

Dusk bit at Marie's arms as she walked up to the palace, the henchmen opening the gate for her as she approached them. "Merci," She thanked them, holding up her dress as she climbed the stairs gracefully. The palace was relatively quiet, the only noise being the shuffling of maids and butlers cleaning the place. "Ahh, my dear," The Queen smiled, opening her arms and standing as Marie entered the dining room. She sat at the head of the table, two other place sets set out next to her. Marie hugged her Godmother, placing herself to the right of the Queen and looked over to the other place set. "Are we expecting another?" She gestured to the empty seat and the Queen nodded. "Lady Danbury will be joining us shortly," She mentioned, snorting up brown powder on a silver spoon - handed to her by a man with white curled hair. "May I ask why you called such a short notice dinner?" Marie smirked, knowing that there would be a reason for the calling. "Well I knew that you would not be busy for dinner and I thought I would catch you up with my thoughts," Charlotte told her vaguely. Marie stayed quiet, letting her be dramatic before the Queen continued. "So, obviously you have been a large speculation in this evenings issue," The Queen started, making Marie furrow her brows. "Pardon?" She asked and the Queen looked up in surprise. "Oh, you haven't seen it?" She seemed shocked - ordering a copy of Lady Whistledown's latest issue. 

Dearest Readers,

What a shocking week, although I might leave everything implicit since I do love some good gossip. This week has been full of twists and turns that even This Author couldn't predict. Albeit, was it really a shock to notice the tension between the Princess and her most interesting suitor - the second Bridgerton brother? What a pair they make! Who knew two gorgeous faces could attract each other? It seems that the two can't stay away from each other as he was seen approaching her house on the entry way to the Palace. This just adds to the suspicion of the two courting after the rumour of the two alone in Sommerset House with no chauffeur. Although the real question is, what went on inside the house? Well of course I know, but I have eyes and ears everywhere - I'll leave you on a cliff-hanger for the next dance in a few nights time when you can ask them yourselves

Now, let's continue with the Bridgerton drama - leading on with the Diamond of the Season and her unattainable love interest, the Duke of Hastings...

Marie stopped reading, slamming her fist on the table as she finished the first paragraph about her and Benedict. The table vibrated with the force of her anger, a wine glass tipping over and smashing - the shards slicing through Marie's gloves and skin. "Relax, darling" Charlotte hushed, snatching the copy of the issue from Marie's hands and ordering a maid to clear up the glass. "Now I have always found you two a good match, but now that the entire Ton knows he came to your house unattended with a chaperone and also the scandal at my Sommerset Ball. Were you alone with no chaperone?" Charlotte asked, her voice softer than if she was with anybody else.