★Chapter Twenty three★

August Costello

O

kay weird ideas are running through my mind, let me start from the top of it first. I sent a delivery man to send Star's gift since  I had early morning practice.

He said her daughter signed for it, I told him it's her niece and he said she looks like me in a joking manner but insisted  that the little girl was her daughter, that she even called her mommy.

Star can't possibly given birth, I asked Oakley and she said indigo came with a small girl during Isabella's birthday. My head was wrapped up with lot of ideas.

Was she seeing someone and the kid is hers and her past lovers, was she raped or assaulted or did she adopt the girl. I mean Oakley said a small version of me

I called the detective to help me find out he said I should give him until five, I am so anxious that I think I'm sweaty to my freaking butt but let's clear one thing up I don't care who owns the kid, my love for her doesn't stop me from accepting her for all her past mistakes since we're all humans and it's bound to happen

My phone rings when my smart watch beeps, it was already five"Hello?". I said, I wipe my hands on my jeans and sigh.

"Sir, it's her child. Aurora gracelynn Evans is her name and her mother is indigo amara Evans, she was born on the date August 21st 2020 in the city hospital here and when the nurses asked for her father name for her birth certificate she replied that August Costello".

"Me? No, she used my name to lie?".

"Sir from the picture I'm seeing here, she looks like you with the same eyes and all but I could send you the hospital's details for you to confirm yourself ".

"Please do that". I said,

She was a virgin when we had sex, but I can't remember us using my condoms. I don't think she was on birth control, my phone beeps and I walk towards my car.

I'm going to meet her and ask her, I'll not go to the hospital and invade her so precious medical privacy"God help me". I mutter driving to her house, the drive to her house was nerve racking to me as I got closer to her house.

I park outside her house, Loud music coming from her house and giggles. I go to her door and knocked on the door
"Star?". I called when no one answered  the door and I knocked again.

"Daddy?". A small voice says, the door opens when I was about to knock again.

The girl from the supermarket looks at me, a huge grin on her face as she hugs my leg saying words that my ears block put because of surprise and realisation
"Au_Fiona, come and see". A lady says, a worried look comes across her face.

"Alice, wh_". The other one halts, her blue eyes widened"Indigo, you have a guest". Fiona yells and looks at me.

"Daddy? Are you here to play with me?" Aurora asked, she let go of my leg and I shake my head as she pulls me inside.

I have a daughter.

A creation that God gifted me with.

"Aurora, how old are you?". I ask, I bend to her level and our eyes locked and she giggled when the ladies close the door

I notice she covers her mouth when she laughs just like Star"Daddy, have you been eating beans? You're so tall. Daddy, I'm three years old". She says.

"Yeah, Where's Star?".