Running Again?

Jake P.o.v 

 "You really just used your alpha voice on me. How could you?" I growl out before rushing out of the room. I couldn't let Nathan go. He hurt my mate. Those kids and girls. I brought more member's into this pack. 

I pace back and forth in the gym area of the pack house. How could Jaxson use the alpha voice on me. We are equals. I'm his mate. 

"His wolf is just as angry." Ryder chips in from the back of my mind. Ryder wants to run. Not just run but away from Jaxson. Every fiber is telling me to run and never return; but the other part of me wants to stay. To be touched and loved by this man. It feels like Jaxson is pushing us away. His wolf is angry with him meaning it wasn't his wolf. So why? 

 "Your going to make imprints into the gym floor."  Day chuckles leaning on the door frame watching every move I make.  Day doesn't understand. He's not mated to an alpha. He might be beta but he doesn't know how it feels to have the one you love use that voice on you. That your soulmate thinks they can do that. 

"What do you want?" I ask my pacing never slowing or stopping. I hear a sigh and watch from the corner of my eye as he walks in closing the door behind him. 

"He didn't mean to use it on you. I hope you know that." Day voices what I want to hear. But for some reason it makes me angrier. 

"Jaxson shouldn't of used it at all. I wasn't going to allow the person who hurt the one I love go. And plus I saved countless woman and children while doing it. Bringing them here to help them. You guys do realize I was in the same boat as them. Getting raped, beaten and left to die." I begin to rant. 

"I was doing everyone a favor when I killed that man. And what do I get as soon as Jaxson wakes up?" I ask turning and staring Day straight in the eyes. His first movement was to bow. 

"What was it." Day mumbles and I know he already knows. But for shits and giggles I tell him. 

"I get "Don't ever do that again." in his alpha voice. Like I'm some weak boy who doesn't know how to take care of him self.  I think I came a far way from that boy. I grew stronger. I know how to take care of myself." I growl out and the tattoos on my arms begin to glow. 

"Um Jake... your arms." Day backs up only to hit the door. The shine hitting his face giving a purple tint to it. 

"JAXSON!" As soon as those words leave his lips the door fly's off it's hinges. A six foot man beast in it's place. 

"Jake what is happening? Why the fuck are you glowing?" His voice his deep and makes my stomach flip. Ryder wants in control but I push him back. 

"I don't know Jaxson." My body relaxes as he comes fully into the room and I hate that it does. I back up when he reaches for me and he growls. Jax acts like I'm okay with him touching me after what he did. 

"Let me touch you. Please." The begging in his voice send chills. Who would of thought Jaxson saying please. My body begs for his touch but it also begs to be let free, to run. 

"I need out." I pant starting to hear my bones popping and shifting. Soon I see my paws on the ground and when I do I bolt. I run through the pack house Day and Jaxson close behind. 

I see the door and am fully ready to break it down when as soon as I get there it opens. I'm out. The grass tickles my paws and the dirt is getting kicked up from how hard they fall. 

   Day and Jaxson fall behind as I run into the woods. I'm faster and more calm listening to the wind as it whips though my fur. The birds singing and the sound of water. 

I run until I can't. Yes I'm stronger but running wise? Who wants to run when you can sit and eat and watch scary movies. I pant as I come to a stop. I look around at my surroundings, trees as tall and strong, a river flowing fast and rapid. But the sound is soothing to my ears. 

I shift back naked and alone until I hear the pounding of the paws and the smell of Jaxson fills my nose. I take a deep breath. It's a smell that  I will never get used to. Firewood and vanilla. I don't understand how they can smell so good together. 

I hear a growl before a gaint wolf jumps on me knocking me to the ground. I know its his wolf. Looking into the dark black pool of his eye and the lightness in the other. It's all about the chase. 

"I'm sorry I shouldn't of ran but I needed to." I roll my eyes earning me another growl. I look over at Day who is shifted back and clothed. His cheeks a rosey red. 

 I hear Jax shift and his body weight knocks the breath out of me. "Don't leave me too" Jaxson mumbles and I look at him confused.  What does he mean by don't leave me too. What did he not tell me?