Chapter 16

William POV:

It's been two months since SHIFT3R and Trinity High combat on Bloody Tuesday. John and the others are still recovering from the assault. Marcus's talent pushed them over the edge, causing them to have many sleepless nights as well as trauma, nightmares, and suicide thoughts. Ace and Itachi are continuing to search the city for additional SHIFT3R stragglers. EMBER has also gone into hiding. Superhero slayings are decreasing. While everything seemed to be in order, we received word that Former Wellston Royals were spotted near the JK Mall. I've asked Elijah to relay this information to Arthur.

Arthur POV:

The fight with Marcus and SHIFT3R took place two months ago. John and others are recovering in a closed room. Ace and Itachi are devastated by the SHIFT3R catastrophe. They probed the minions in various ways, but their mouths were securely locked. A few people ingested cyanide before we could hurt them. However, Elijah informed me that the Ex-Royals had been observed in the vicinity of JK Mall. I intended to request a recon from Lex, but he's inebriated. Itachi and Ace are relaxing after torturing the detainees. Ace was Itachi's second cruel psychopath. Me, Ace, and Itachi were relaxing at a coffee shop, with Itachi and Ace having a chess competition, when we suddenly received a telegram via Telepathy from Elijah.

"Ex-Wellston Royals were spotted near the mall. Asking directions for our school."

I glanced at Ace and Itachi and saw them smirking at me. We paid the bill and rushed towards the mall. But before that, we saw John making out with Olivia in the washroom. So, Ace took a few photos as blackmail material and recorded their voices too. At the mall, Ace, Itachi, and I split to find the Royals. I quickly found Seraphina asking around for John. I flashed to her, grabbed her arm, and took her to the terrace. 

Seraphina POV:

After our defeat, we just started combing the Internet to find John and bring him back to me. I should've listened to him. Me, Arlo, and others—everyone was at fault. Remi still goes as vigilante X-Rei, Blyke as Nobody, and Isen as Killor. Arlo just gave up and continued his schooling with Holden. Zeke, Cecile, and Abel changed the system. Now there was no bullying. Elites now train mid-tiers and low-tiers. God tiers are still respected. This was John's dream. This is why he became Joker.

2 months later, we found out in the news that Trinity High defeated its rival Crescent High, which shocked us, as Wellston also fought with them in the past and we ended up with a tie. I asked Isen to hack check their rosters.

Trinity High

1) Arthur Doe (King)

Plasma Beam and Aura Variation

Level: ?????

2) Oliva (Queen)

Elemental Manipulation

Level???

3) John Doe (Jack)

Aura Manipulation

Level???

4) Lex (Ace)

Speedster

Level ???

But as soon as we clicked on their ability levels, our computers shut down. It seems that we cannot hack into their information. So with no option left, we left for Trinity City. The JK mall is way bigger than our Wellston mall. We seperated to find atleast one student from Trinity High to ask for directions to the school. So far, no luck. 

Well suddenly, I felt someone grabbing my arm and next thing I knew, I was at the terrace, with Arthur glaring at me.