Chapter Two

Mr. Maverick was seated in a large green-painted room with a big office table and executive chair close to the wall. There are books piled up at one end of the table, a laptop, and a file in the center of the table. The air conditioner is on, making the room a little bit cool. A gentle breeze from the open window was blowing on the peach-colored curtain. At the entrance of the office were two hefty men serving as guards to Mr. Maverick. One was wearing a blue suit and red shoes while the other was putting on a black suit and black shoes to match. The rest of the guards and the driver were at the garage.

"Could you please get me the secretary?" He said with an unengaged eye.

"Yes, boss" replied the guard with a black suit and shoes.

A few seconds later, the guard came in with a naturally endowed lady. Her steps are elegant. She is dressed in a red body-fitted jacket and a knee-length skirt. Her long straight black hair revealed her true beauty. 

"Sir" she answered boldly.

"Yes, could you please remind me of my schedule for today," Mr. Maverick said, still fixing his eyes on the book he was reading.

"Sir, you have a meeting with the staff in the next 5 minutes"

"Oh really?"

"Yes sir"

"What of Juan"

"He is at his office sir"

"Is he aware of the meeting?"

"Sure sir. Every staff has been notified about it"

" Is alright, you may go now"

"Thank you, sir" The secretary adjusted her skirt again while she left the room. 

 **********

Mr. Maverick was at the restroom when he heard footsteps in his office. On coming out he saw Juan, seated comfortably on the armchair in his office.

"Hi dad," said Juan.

"Hi, son. Why were you late for the meeting today?".

" I was sorting some files"

"Okay. Are we still going to launch the new idea"

"Sure dad. I was thinking of writing a proposal on that. We cannot afford to miss this golden opportunity. Investors are everywhere looking for what we've to invest their money on"

"You're right son. We've to work hard in order not to let this golden opportunity slide"

"Alright. May I take my leave?"

"Yes," 

Juan was on his way out when his father called him and beckoned for him to come back. He remembered something crucial to discuss with him. 

"Won't you have a seat?" Mr. Maverick said as he pointed to the armchair

"No dad, I prefer standing this time".

"As my bodyguard," Mr. Maverick teases his son as both burst out in laughter.

He has not had time to sit one on one with Juan since he spoke to his friend Ryan Parker. He briefed his son about his conversation with his friend and how he proposed getting married to Charlotte on his behalf. Juan was surprised at first but has to agree with his dad's idea as he cannot approach a lady himself.

"When am I getting to meet her?" Juan asked in excitement.

"Very soon son. Relax, her dad would put a call across to let us know when she would visit"