Chapter Five

The convoy arrived at the airport. Juan dressed in his best sexy attire with a lovely fragrance coming from his body. First impressions matter and he wouldn't want to fall on his hand. His tight white shirt revealed his hairy chest and broad shoulders. He removed his goggles, looked around the airport, and found a young lady wearing exactly the description given to him. He walked towards where Charlotte and Arya were patiently waiting with their luggage. He was able to identify Charlotte immediately because her appearance is different from that of Arya's own. One could easily tell she is the boss while Arya is the servant.

" Hi, I'm Juan". He brought out his hand to have a handshake with Charlotte.

"Hi, my name is Charlotte". His dashing personality and the sight of his hairy chest sent a cold shiver down her spine. She looked at him slightly longer before looking away as she brushed her curly long hair with her hand. She tripped off but was caught by one of the guards beside Juan. She was disappointed. She never expected Juan to comfortably stand and allow an ordinary guard to save her from falling. I hope this guy is not mean, she said to herself. 

Juan is already in the car. He told the guards to put their bags inside the car bootç. Charlotte was confused about which car to enter when she was beckoned to join Juan in the back seat. She would have termed it a very brilliant idea, sitting close to the handsome man but his tight face is repulsive. He doesn't smile or laugh. She could hear his voice telling her to join him. 

" Common Charlotte, hop into the car".

Arya wanted to follow her but she signaled to her to join the second car which she did.

Their journey from the airport was very boring. Everyone is silent. Juan didn't try to engage her in any conversation. If she talks to him, he hardly replies. His attention is on the mobile phone in his hand. She wondered what was so important on the phone that he was busy scrolling up and down. Treating her as if she doesn't exist.

"Do you take me for a joke or something Juan?".

" What do you mean by that?". 

"You are asking me what I meant without looking at me. You channeled your whole attention to your mobile phone". 

" I still don't understand what you are trying to say".

"You ghosted me for crying out loud. Is that how you treat someone you meet for the first time?". 

" I suggest you get yourself busy with something, I'm not the gisting type".

"Wow! You are so unbelievable". She said while she crossed her arms over her chest and enthroned her buttocks on the car seat. The journey was a quiet one. Nobody uttered any word again.

Charlotte was excited when they get to Juan's house. The compound is very big with a fountain. The flowers planted around it made it look more beautiful. Juan could see the excitement on her face. Her comic smile didn't move him. He is just getting married to her to please his parents.

Lessie gave Charlotte a warm hug and patted her on her back. 

" How is your dad?" Asked Mr. Mavericks.

"He is fine sir".

They were still exchanging pleasantries when Juan left them and went upstairs.

Arya tried to raise one of the bags but it slipped from her hand and fell. Before she could blink her eyes Charlotte already gave her a hard knock on her head.

"Oh! That's a little bit, harsh dear". Said Lessie in a disappointed tone.

" No ma'am it's not too harsh, else she wouldn't learn anything. She would keep making the same mistakes".