Chapter Three

The living room is huge with white painted walls and brown colored windows. The curtains are thick, and green in color with flower designs, making the living room beautiful. Ryan Park was in one of the Asian-style sofas reading a newspaper with his glasses on when Charlotte came in.

"Hy dad". Greeted Charlotte as she forced herself on one of the sofas. Fling her purple handbag to the sofa beside where she is seated. She bent down to untie the rope of her heel but reluctantly got up and called Arya to come and do it.

Arya is 31 years old pretty lady. Her mum owns a kiosk in a less developed area. Her mother's profit doesn't sustain the family. They hardly feed them two square meals a day hence the reason why she was given out by her mum to go and serve as a maid to Charlotte. Even if she wasn't opportune to get a good education from there, at least, she would be able to eat well.  Her hair is brown, long, and unkempt. She has an oval face, green eyes, and a pointed nose. Her dimples and gap-tooth made her extremely beautiful whenever she smiles.

" Yes ma'am" she answered Charlotte. Vertical wrinkles appeared between her eyebrows.

"Remove my heels and take them along with my bag to my room" Commanded Charlotte.

"Okay, ma'am". Arya bent down to untie the heels' ropes. She successfully untied the left leg but ended up spoiling the right leg.

"Are you insane?" Screamed Charlotte.

Before Arya could say, Jack Robinson, a heavy slap landed on her right cheek. The slap was so heavy that she fought very hard to hold back tears but couldn't succeed as tears gushed down her cheeks like water from the tap. Her sharp cry made Ryan Parker realize he had not been alone all along.

"What is going on here?". He asked, pulling down his glasses for a clearer view.

" Oh Charlotte, are you back already?"

"Yes dad", replied Charlotte who was still furious.

" Dad, could you imagine this fool here", pointing at her maid while breathing heavily. "This ingress damaged my designer's heels. I spent a fortune to buy those heels but she carelessly spoiled them within a twinkle of an eye.

" Designer shoes or whatever is not a good reason to slap your fellow girl this hard", said her dad as he kept the newspaper on the side table beside him and relaxed well on the chair he was sitting on.

"Dad, I beg your pardon, we aren't age mates", fumed Charlotte. " Besides, I gave her a 3 years gap.

"Whatever years gap you gave her, please don't bully her next time" 

"Unbelievable dad, are you trying to insinuate that I bullied my maid?" queried Charlotte as her eyes bulged. This time, tears are almost coming down her eyes.

"Common sweetheart, don't blackmail dad emotionally". Said her dad as he drew her closer to his chest and gave her a warm hug. 

" Arya dear, take her bag and shoes to the room and prepare what she would eat immediately".

"Yes sir", replied Arya while doing as instructed. This time, the tears in her cheeks had dried up.

" Dad, Arya had to be extra careful while dealing with any of my belongings. For crying out loud, I spent a lot of money buying those things. She shouldn't damage what she can't afford", said Charlotte while she squirmed in the chair.

"Is alright, my dear. Forget about those 

things. Let's discuss your future".

" My future. What do you mean by discussing my future dad?.  Did she ask anxiously?