Oblivion - Part 26

I quickly remove the towel from my head and hide my bandaged hand in it, then I stand next to Jake. He puts his arm around my shoulder, looks at Alan and then at me for a moment.

Alan didn't see it, but I did, the look Jake gave me said he wasn't happy with me showing up. "L...Layana?" Alan stutters. "It has been such a long time since I saw you. What are you doing here, in a town in the middle of nowhere?" I ask him in my nicest voice. Still completely taken aback, he stammers "Uh...I...I work here". "At the motel?" I ask him acting confused. Before I can make even more fun of him, Jake interrupts us "Do you know him?". "Of course I know him silly! He's my ex." I give Jake a forced smile. "Oh! That's really great! So on our honeymoon your ex is at our door. Fantastic!" He couldn't have said it more sarcastically.

There was silence for a moment, which made it visibly uncomfortable for Alan. "Are you married?" he looked genuinely surprised. "Yes, a week and a half ago. He is so sweet and understanding. I can't imagine a better partner." I put my good hand on Jake's belly and stroke it lovingly. "And then you go to Duskwood for your honeymoon?" the disgust at that choice was evident in Alan's voice. "Well that was actually a coincidence, we do a cross country. And came here. It looked so quiet and serene that we decided to stay for a few days so that we really have a chance to enjoy each other. Right sweetie?" I look at Jake, a little panicked because I've gotten too carried away with this acting. "I think this small talk with your ex has gone on long enough." Jake sounds stern. "He just accused you of assaulting someone a few minutes ago!". "What?!" I look at Jake shocked and then at Alan "Are you serious? Do you really think I would do something like that, let alone dare?" I give him my most innocent and weakest look. Alan lowers his eyes in guilt. "Of course not, Layana. My apologies. I'll leave you two alone now. Congratulations on your wedding, my apologies again and enjoy your honeymoon.". He turns and walks away with slumped shoulders. Jake and I watch him until he is far enough out of sight to go back inside and close the door behind us.

"What the hell Layana!" Jake is visibly irritated. "What's the problem? It went well, didn't it?" I say calmly. "Yes, but that could have gone differently. I don't want you to do things like that." his irritation only seems to get worse. "You'd better stop doing that Jake!" I look at him disappointed. He is startled by my reaction "What do you mean?". "That you tell me what I should or shouldn't do. I will never knowingly endanger us. We should work as a team, and we did. I know Alan, I know him very well, unfortunately. That's why I did what I did, not because I don't trust you." I'm not angry, but I do feel a little let down by him. I see him standing there thinking about what I just said, which eases his irritation. "You're right, I'm sorry." his apology sounds genuine, and what makes it even more sincere is that he pulls me into a hug. "But please, if you become my wife, don't ever sweet talk like that about me." I feel his body shake a little because he has to laugh. I look up at him "Your wife?" while I ask the question I feel the butterflies in my stomach raging. "Have you never thought about that?" he sounds curious. "Yes, of course I did." I answer him, hiding my face in his embrace. "Good! Because so did I." he holds me even tighter. I wriggle free a bit to look up at him again with a playful smile. "But really, I'm not going to do a cross country honeymoon! I want that deserted island!".

He just has a smile on his face and looks at me. His stare is long and deep, making me soft inside. He leans forward a little and kisses me, a passionate kiss, full of love. I claim the kiss by kissing him back with the same passion and love. I slide my hands over his back whereupon he places his hand behind my head, so I can't escape. Our kiss last long enough to make us panting, we part our lips, a sly smirk appears on both our faces. He lifts me up, I wrap my legs around his waist and kiss him again, a little more lustful to pull him over the line to go a lot further than only kissing. Not that he needed any encouragement, because I could already feel his lust for me.