Chapter 16: Many encounter begin at 11

————-Bruce's POV: —————

Frankly, I'd been enjoying my time with Percy. Having someone in the office with me made things less...lonely, almost like the feeling of being watched but...okay maybe not like that.

I looked up briefly towards Percy, her seemingly always smiling face looking off and out the window on the side of the room, the warm light flooding in and painting the room in a warm glow.

But even the warm atmosphere didn't seem to help my mood.

I turned my attention back to Percy who was now looking at me, a sudden jolt in my heart was soon pattered down as I coughed into my hand.

The worst part of having Percy was coming nearer.

Parties.

With the next party coming soon the usual dread was heavy in the air, nearly crushing me like the time Aquaman sat on Flash.

Poor guy didn't stand a chance.

My thoughts were interrupted by Percy.

"Bruce, everything okay?" She asked, her eyebrows lifting inquisitively.

I took a deep breath, my body relaxing slightly.

"Yes, just a lot on my mind" Percy nodded, her face falling momentarily before her eyes regained a bit of hope.

"You want me to make more cookies?"

Yes.

At least that was what my first thought was, but I knew I couldn't indulge in them too often. A darker part of me, or what Jason would call all of me, felt like if I relied to heavily on them, like a drug, eventually the effects would weaken.

Against my own wishes, I shook my head, "no thanks, but I'll keep you to your word another day." Percy's smile seemed to grow.

"Alright, just keep me updated." I nodded going to turn back to my computer, the momentary forgetfulness soon wore off and a annoyed sigh came out before I could stop it.

I turned back to Percy who held her concerned gaze. "I forgot that I must inform you." I said, pushing my chair back as I took this moment to stretch and get myself out of the siting position I'd been in all morning. "In the near future I will be holding a party, this will be a formal event so I'll need you to come in something nice. Though I can make some adjustments if you need something more flexible."

Percy seemed to gain an almost embarrassed look.

"Right..." she said hesitantly and I watched as she seemed to begin thinking, her eyes looking a bit more distant.

"Percy, would you like me to send you off with Alfred to get a dress? He has extensive experience with helping pick out clothes for these types of events."

Percy gained a sheepish smile, putting her hands out in front of her. "Oh no, I should be able to fair by myself."

"You know it won't be an issue right?"

She nodded.

"It's okay! I'll survive, so don't worry." With hesitance, I nodded.

"If you say so"

With the moment over I took my seat, forcing myself to get back into my work.

———Percy's POV:——-

"Alright, thank you Percy. Get home safe" I nodded with a smile, throwing my hoodie over top my head as I shoved my keys and wallet in my pocket.

"Of course. Have a great night you guys." I waved to the family as I turned to leave.