Chapter 41: Getting Tackled By a Fur Ball

----------------Percy's POV: --------------------

"And you're sure you're okay?" Bruce asked, concern written clear on his face.

I nodded, a smile coming to my face. "Just fine. It was just a bad nightmare." I gave him a convincing look that seemed to seal the deal enough to stop pressing.

"You want to talk about what the nightmare was about? It must've been something pretty awful." Bruce asked.

I shook my head, nudging him slightly. "No, I'm okay. I think I just want to think about it for a bit, but thank you for your concern, I'm sorry about running in here like that." I let out a short laugh which seemed to lighten the mood only a tad.

Bruce nodded, turning to face the door. "I don't mind, though I think I'm the least of your concerns." I followed his look to see shadows underneath the door. I nodded, understanding flowing through me.

"Right, I need to apologize to the kids." I turned to look at my hands, trying my best to keep my position in a place where the book didn't show.

"You don't need to apologize, they were just worried about you, so I'm sure seeing you up and about will make them feel better." Bruce tried, grabbing my hand. I smiled as I nodded, squeezing his hand tightly.

"You're right, I think I'll go say hi then." I pulled Bruce in for a shoulder hug to avoid having the book push against him. I allowed myself a moment of peace as I took a deep breath, shoving my wavering feelings down as I allowed a smile to grow on my face. "Thanks again Bruce." I quickly placed a quiet kiss on his cheek as I let his hand go, getting up as I walked over to the door, watching as the shadows under the door scattered instantly, and I had to admit, I was a bit surprised at how quietly they'd managed to zoom off.

I opened the door, walking into the hallway to see Dick and Damein walking towards me.

"Yeah yeah, that movie was- oh Percy!" Dick said, obviously trying to conceal his previous escape as he raced over with Damien in tow. "You're awake! Is everything okay now?" He asked, giving me a small smile. I nodded, allowing my own smile to grow.

"Yeah, I'm all better, I'm sorry if I scared you or upset you, I had a bad dream that really seemed to mess with me." I allowed my fingers to fiddle as Dick continued.

"Oh, well I'm sorry, is there anything we can do to help?" I shook my head.

"Nothing that you haven't done already, but I really should be the one offering something to you. I still feel kinda bad." I said, laughing it off.

Damien stepped forwards this time, his arms crossed as he looked at me with a stern glare. "You really..." He glanced over at Dick momentarily before his eyes came back to me. "That was really stupid, next time you should just tell me what's going on and we can read together." I nodded, a feeling of calm rolling over me. I knew Damien had intended to say something else, but for the sake of his reputation among his siblings I decided to take it well.

"Right, if you want, we can still read? I wouldn't mind hearing more of that book." Damein looked like he was going to agree but Dick stepped in.

"Actually, I was thinking we could all go out, maybe to the park? I mean we can play soccer out on a field and I'm sure it'll be more relaxing?" Dick looked at me with hesitance. I briefly looked down to Damien who seemed to be okay with it. He looked okay with it so I nodded.

"Yeah okay, that sounds pretty nice." They both smiled (in their own ways) as they turned to leave.

"Great! I'll tell the others!" My brows furrowed in confusion.