Reversal of Circumstances {Bertholdt's POV}

Bertholdt's world had come to a screeching halt.

Or had it?

This was the moment he had been waiting for, was it not? Here she was, in all of her innocent glory, humbled and vulnerable before him. He could feel her courage melting with every heartbeat, her strength cracking like the walls that held the Titans at bay. His tongue flickered over his lips at the thought of her becoming his at long last..

He cursed internally as his tongue battled with his mind. His mouth could not produce the words that his brain demanded. His emerald eyes flickered down at their hands, at how hers fit so perfectly into his.

"Y-Your hand." He stammered abruptly, his gaze jerking upward to meet hers. Shit. He could feel his cheeks redden as a confused look passed over her immaculate features.

"What about it?" She asked as she made a weak attempt to pull her hand away.

He was thrown into panic at the thought of her being out of his grasp. Instinctively he tightened his grip on her, his much larger hands trapping her smaller ones. Oh no, my love. He gave her his best smile, hoping it didn't come off as distressed. You've come too close to ever escape.

He took note of the way her {h/c} locks glimmered in the light overhead as he wondered if she was aware that she had just sealed her fate.