Sweet Temptation {Your POV}

Your mind was being destroyed by the whirlwind that was your thoughts. Had you made a mistake?

You suddenly became conscious of everything around you; the way you were breathing, the sound of boots on the messy floor, Marco's gaze burning holes into the back of your skull. Why were you so nervous? You had been planning this for an eternity. Your heartbeat pounded mercilessly in your ears.

"Y-Your hand."

"W-What about it?" You could feel the last shards of your confidence wither away. You frantically tried to pull your hand away, your cheeks flustered.

His grip on your hand strengthened tenfold. You looked up at him with wide eyes, slightly alarmed at the sudden tightness that enveloped your hands. Your alarm eased as he gave you quite possibly the sweetest smile you had ever seen in your life. You suddenly felt safe in spite of the crushing force being applied to your fingers.

You watched his eyes trail over your features; it was sweet really. Maybe this was the right idea.. He seemed to have so much affection locked behind that fumbling tongue of his.

"Is there something in my hair?" You whispered, attempting to pull your hand away to fix it.

His eyes widened and his head shook. "N-No. Not at all!" His hand slithered farther up your arm so that he had a grip on your forearm. "Please don't go."

Your mind could not wrap itself around the situation at hand. Were you in the jaws of a Titan or the hands of a savior?

With a sudden burst of confidence he leaned forward. "Let's get out of here." His smile made you blush. Did he really want to be alone with you?

You averted your eyes in hopes that he wouldn't notice the childish glee swelling in your throat. "Y-Yeah. Let's do that." You smiled sheepishly before looking up at him again. The euphoria that your answer had brought him was unmistakable; his eternally nervous demeanor seemed to have melted away and been replaced by a beam of confident light.

His grip on your arm eased as he stood and offered you his hand. You took it gratefully as the two of you swept through the mess hall with silent pride. Your happiness so overwhelmed your mind that you didn't notice the cunning smile he flashed to Marco.