Boiling Point {Bertholdt's POV}

He had apologized but he was not in the least bit sorry.

"You know we're perfect for each other, right?" Vivid images of weddings and children flashed through his mind. Her hesitation angered him. Did she think otherwise? How could she not see the chemistry between them? Was she still in love with that mongrel?

"Y-Yeah!"

Oh my sweet lamb, he thought, I'm so glad that you see the truth. He planted his lips on her forehead and breathed in her sweet scent. No one can tear us apart now.

Approaching voices interrupted his thoughts. They were loud and obnoxious, the epitome of everything Bertholdt despised.

"Where did they go?"

"How the hell would I know?" Marco.

She looked up at him with fear in her eyes. He pressed his lips to hers quickly before standing in preparation for the showdown that was to come. She followed his lead and stepped behind him so that his body was shielding hers.

"Don't hesitate to run if it gets-" Bertholdt's sentence was stopped short.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Marco's voice stabbed at Bertholdt's eardrum. "Sneaking off to try and seduce my girl, eh?"

Bertholdt's muscles tensed with seething anger. How dare this animal trample their moment?. "Your girl?" He felt her shake with fear. "I think you mean MY girl." Venom dripped from his words like the fangs of a snake.

Marco scowled. "I'm sorry I don't think I heard you correctly. Did you say YOUR girl?" Marco took an angry step forward. "Because, last time I checked, she was till my property." He made a hasty attempt to grab her shoulder.

Bertholdt caught his hand and crumpled it like paper. "She is no one's property, pig." His voice was a hiss. His emerald eyes flared with unparalleled fury. "And if you want to try that again, I'll happily rip your hand off." His was leaning forward now so that his precious gem couldn't hear the grotesque threats pouring from his heart. "Or maybe you'd prefer to have your tongue plucked from your mouth? Then I'd never have to hear your disgusting voice again."

Marco writhed with pain. "Dammit just let me go!"

Bertholdt obliged. "Go." He smirked. "Now."

Marco backed up slightly and smiled. "I hope your happy with my sloppy seconds, freak."

Bertholdt closed the gap between them again. "Excuse me? Did you not hear me before? Do I need to repeat myself?" His hands were balled into fists.

"No, I heard you. Did you hear me?" He smirked and looked around Bertholdt's shoulder. "Did you tell him that I'm the one who wanted to leave you? Because I got what I wanted?"

Bertholdt swung.