Memories Part 1

Today was like any other day, Javier was cursing Lloyd inside his head since this is the 3rd time this week that he was having him do things that was most definitely not in his job description but helps with what he can anyway. Lloyd was looking over the construction to make sure that none of their newer workers were messing up since the project involved a lot of hard metal poles that can cause injury.

He remembers his old life as Suho when he was working at a construction site in his world and a huge metal pole fell on him, it costed a lot of money to receive the proper medical attention for it and he could do anything about it since it was part of his contract though it wouldn't matter much since he couldn't afford a lawyer anyway.

Lloyd doesn't want anyone else to deal with that, especially since most of the workers here work to support not just them, but their families as well. Lloyd sees a boy, not older than 17 years old, working hard to get the job done. The boy was young and has a bad family background but still does the job well, even after working since 5 a.m he still carries on and at this point of time, the boy must be very tired. Lloyd admires how hard working the boy is and considers getting some water for him but that would be too out of character for him and Javier would get too suspicious and kill him or something.

Lloyd sees the workers holding large metal poles that are all bundled up together using rope, all the workers seem to be working hard and handling the job fine so Lloyd was about to walk away after taking a final glance at the workers till he notices something very wrong.

As Lloyd takes a second to confirm it, he sees a loose metal pole threatening to fall out. Lloyd yells for the workers to stop but when they turn to see his face, the pole falls out and is now heading for the 17 year old boy's head. Seeing the weight of the pole and the height it's falling from, the impact would kill the boy.

"Hey! Watch out!" Lloyd yells as an attempt to get the boy to move out of the way of the pole, it doesn't get the boy's attention right away due to the fatigue but it does when Lloyd yells a second time. This gets Javier's attention as well but it's physically impossible for him to swoop in to save the boy so all he can do is watch and hope for the best.

Lloyd can see that the boy is unable to react quick enough to move away from the pole that's heading straight for his head so he decides to do something that's so stupid and can possibly put his life in danger but can save the boy. Lloyd pushes the boy out of the way as the metal pole hits his head.

Javier sees Lloyd fall to the ground as his blood begins to surround his unconscious body, the blood from his head stains the metal pole though it's the least of everyone's worries at this point seeing as Lloyd needs to receive medical attention immediately. Javier runs as fast as humanly possible and picks Lloyd up as he hurriedly gets to town in the hopes that someone there can help while still being careful to not cause Lloyd any more discomfort. Lloyd's blood stains Javier's clothes but he doesn't care, as long as Lloyd's safe.

Once Javier gets to town, he frantically searches for someone who can help until he hears small whimpers of pain from Lloyd who's now slipping in and out of consciousness. Javier immediately lays him down as he screams for help while holding Lloyd's hand. He can't lose Lloyd, he needs Lloyd, he needs him to pay off the debt so the Baron can rest easy, he needs him to give him those damn lullabies so he can sleep, he refuses to lose Lloyd.

"Help! Please, anyone help! This man is greatly injured and is in need of medical attention!" Javier screams desperately as he squeezes Lloyd's hands, he feels tears threatening to fall out of his eyes as he begins to shake. He's never felt like this but he already knows this is fear, the fear of losing the person he loves most.

"I'll help, I used to work at a medical center for injured soldiers so I can help you and your friend." A woman in her mid-thirties says. She was wearing a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up revealing many scars from soldiers who gained violent behavior from constantly being at war. Javier picks Lloyd up again and follows the woman to her house where she can treat Lloyd.