0.4

"Ok, go, go, go, go" Sarah shouted as we ran off the tug boat. A man yelled in Chinese.
"Come, on" we ran as the man started chasing us.
"Excuse me! Sorry!" Sarah yelled as we ran through a crowd. Sarah lost her shoe while running and I grabbed it. We ran through the crowd and lost the guy.
"Whew!" We all laughed.
"Here's your shoe." I chuckled and handed Sarah her shoe which she put on.
"Thanks. Oh my god." Sarah said and I already knew what she meant so I finished her thought.
"Were disgusting."
"What?" John b looks at his shirt confused.
"We will not get into the archives looking like this."
"Why not?" John b is still completely lost.
"I promise you, they will not let us in looking like we crawled out of the swamp."
"Ok fine." We walked for a little while before Sarah spoke up.
"What about this store? Let's go shopping here."
"Absolutely not." John b goes to continue walking but I stop him.
"Woah Sancho. I think we've arrived." Me and Sarah opened the door and smiled at each other.
"Guys I don't think you understand. This is like an organ with the wrong blood. It doesn't work." Sarah chuckled.
"You are the single most dramatic person I've ever met." We walk in and I look at a shirt feeling it.
"What about cashmere?" John b looks at the tag.
"Oh my god, have you seen this shirt?"
"Yeah." I answer confused.
"It's $190"
"Yeah, don't worry." I put my arm around Sarah and smile.
"We'll sugar mamma you." I wink and Sarah chuckles.
"Sugar momma?" John b questioned.
"What about some glasses." Sarah puts some Harry Potter glasses on him.
"A little Clark Kent action." I say and Sarah chuckles again.
"You don't understand. I don't want anything from here."
"John b?" Sarah questions and John b looks at us like he knows he has no choice.
"Can I help?" A clerk walks up to us.
"Yes, yes you may mr..."
"Mr. Ike."
"Ike? Sarah. Luna. Jonathan."
"John." John b corrects her.
"Our friend Jonathan here needs all the help he can get."
"I can see that."
"Yeah." We chose some outfits and go to the changing rooms. We sent John b in first. The second after he's in I feel my face get yanked and lips hit mine. I was tense at first until I realized it was Sarah. Then I  relaxed into it. Her lips were soft with slight chaps. Our lips moved in-sync. We didn't pull away until air is a necessity. Through heavy breaths Sarah manages to speak.
"I've been waiting to do that." My cheeks redden as I try to hide my smile.
"Oh, yeah? I think I might need more proof." Sarah chuckles and kisses me again but this time more soft and passionate. We pull away and I chuckle.
"I can get used to that."
"Yeah? Me too." I sit in a leather chair and sit back and after a couple seconds Sarah comes over and sits on my lap basically lying down throwing her legs over the arm of the chair. She looks at me to make sure it's okay and  I laugh giving her a reassuring smile. John b comes out in his first outfit and I laugh.
"Aww you look like your ready for a middle school dance." Sarah smiles.
"He looks like he just got kicked out of the barbershop quartet." I laugh and John b rolls his eyes looking in the mirror.
"Mr. Ike? What about seersucker?" I ask the clerk as he walks over.
"I'm not wearing seersucker." John states but I'm still smiling at mr. ike.
"Excellent choice."
"And maybe a pink button down, some bucks?" Sarah joins in laughing, I can feel her body vibrate.
"Bucks? What's a buck?" John b asks with wide eyes.
"I'll get a pair." Mr. Ike disappears and when he comes back he gives John b a pile of clothes. He rolls his eyes and goes into the fitting room. While mr. Ike goes to help another costumer. I lean down and kiss Sarah again and I feel her smile into it which leads to me running my tongue on her bottom lip for entrance. She Denys me so I put my hands on her hips and quickly shift her so she's straddling me making her gasp. When her lips separate I take the chance to slip my tongue into her mouth. Our tongues immediately clashing, fighting for dominance. I won and we went on for a few minutes until I pull away.
"He's been in there for a while." I say and Sarah wines. She leans forward and pecks my lips before getting up and knocking on his door. I stood and followed.
"Nope, not comin out." John b says as I get behind Sarah and press my body against her she gasps. I chuckle.
"Why, not?"
"Because you two are probably gonna buy it or something."
"Yeah well your not wrong." I say and open the door to see John b jump in just his boxers blocking them with pants."
"Are you checking yourself out?" I ask laughing.
"No, I'm not! Stop." Sarah chuckles.
"Relax, John b, it's not like I've never seen a boy in underwear before." John b and me look at Sarah with a knowing look before she realizes.
"I have a brother. Get your heads out of the gutter, guys."
"Yeah" John b says closing the door.
I pull Sarah a little bit away from the door.
"You know, we don't know much about each other?" I say and Sarah looks at me in the eyes wanting me to continue and I smile.
"You ask a question and I'll answer honestly then I ask you." Sarah thinks about it for a second before agreeing.
"What was your mom like?" She asks playing with the sleeve of my tee shirt nervous she could hit a nerve. I looked at the ground then back up at her beautiful brown eyes.
"She was amazing. She was a great explorer, I mean she came home this one time with this necklace." I said laughing remembering it showing Sarah the diamond necklace on neck.
"And she was so happy. It wasn't until she passed that I found out this necklace was the queens. I don't know what queen or of what but I mean she did and she was Damn proud of it." Sarah smiled and cupped my face wiping a tear that I didn't even know was there. She hugged me and whispered in my ear.
"She sounds almost as amazing as you." I smile and pull away sniffing.
"Thank you. So... why did you want to come?" I asked looking at her.
"To finish the mission." She said in an accent and I smile.
"No, for real?" I tuck a strand of hair behind her ear and look her in the eyes. She sighs before answering.
"Because... I'm 16, and I already know what the rest of my life is gonna look like. It's gonna be... stupid yacht clubs filled with hollow people making useless smell talk, and I feel like if I don't get out of the bubble wrap now, I never will. And then by the time I'm 30, I'm going to be an alcoholic, and I won't even notice it."
"Well some people need some of that bubble wrap. Why do you think there are two bedrooms in that amazing house we made."
Sarah licks her lips and smiles.
"Make sure he's careful with what he wishes for." She whispers just loud enough for me to hear it. I peck her lips just before John b comes out.
"Snazzy."
"Oh, man" they compliment the outfit and I chuckle.
"Pull your fly up."
"Oh, right."
He pulls his fly up then begins talking.
"If somebody saw me in this-" Sarah cuts him off.
"They'd rost the shit out of you." I chuckle at her choice of words.
"It's a good thing we're on a secret mission." I state and Sarah smirks catching on to what I'm going to say.
"In fact we probably shouldn't even be using our real names." I finish.
"Yeah, so we need alliances."
"What are you thinking?" Sarah turns to John b.
"Vlad...from"
"...Vienna" I Finnish and John b turns to me.
"Okay. Uh, Victoria from"
"Australia" Sarah chuckles.
"Oh, we like the Aussies now do we mate?" I say in a horrible accent and look to Sarah.
"Valerie from Quebec."
"Mm! Valerie du Quebec? Parker-vous Francais?"
"Oui, oui monsieur. Et tui?"
"No, no that's it" John b interrupts not knowing what we are saying and I laugh.
"So since you two got to dress me, I'm feeling all spiffy. Who do I get to dress?" I look at Sarah who sighs and I link my arm with John b and disappear. When we get back to Sarah I hand her a giant pile smiling. She takes it and goes in coming out a little while later.
"Wow! it looks great." I exclaim but Sarah shoots my whole vibe down.
"It's like a soccer moms first outing." I laugh as Sarah goes back in. She comes out with a purplish dress on completely wrong.
"How do I put this on?" I chuckle and fix her.
"Is that a lavender or a plum?" John b asked earning a laugh from Sarah.
She rolls her eyes and goes back in. next she runs out exited.
"Look, this dress comes with built-in nunchucks!"
"Aah? No." John b says as She spins the tie thing and hits me in the face. I go to run at her but she runs back into the room. I shake my head. She steps out a small smile on her face and I nearly melt. She looks beyond beautiful. I mean the dress/romper has white and blue strips and it wraps her body and fits her perfectly.
"Wow. You look... cl— I mean, you— you clean up nice Val." I'm sweating right now she is so hot. Like I could melt like a snow man on a hot summer day. She chuckles.
"You have a way with words, Vic." She smiles and links arms with me.
"Your turn!" She shouts in my ear. After lots of changes Sarah picks one and loves it but John b doesn't agree.
"Sarah, our outfits resemble each other how does that resemble what we're wearing?"
"It doesn't but look at her. Her outfit is better than both of ours combined" I'm not gonna lie I let them argue until John b won and I changed again. They liked the next one and we left for the archives.
"Thank you." I say to the driver as he drives off.
"So the library's on the other side of the of the student center." We walk for a while until John b is far enough ahead to where he can't hear us.
"I think you looked hotter in the dress before this one." Sarah chuckles.
"And you looked hot in all of them but this one does bring out your eyes." She smiles and I look around.
"Have you ever been to a college?"
"No I've never had the time."
"That's a gap in your training. How do you like it?"
"So far so good"
"So my dad went here."
"Uh,huh"
"And then his dads dad went here."
"That's pretty rough."
"Yeah, I know. He would have an absolute aneurysm if I didn't go here which is kind of annoying, But what can you do? What about you?"
"Uh... collage has never really crossed my mind much. So..."I was cut off by Sarah's phone ringing.
"Uh,oh. It's my handler." Sarah whispers showing me it was her dad.
"I told him I was spending the night at scarlet's."
"And what would he think if he knew you were here with a stranger and him." I say pointing to John b.
"I'd be hanged for treason."
"As a pouge sympathizer?"
"Mhm" i gasped then picked up a French accent.
"Oh my goodness."
"You've got to be careful fraternizing with the enemy, Valerie."
"Wait a minute, did they kidnap you? Or drug you?" Sarah picked up the accent to.
"No, I came of my own recognizance, following a lead."
"Ohh, do we know this enemy?"
"You do. He used to work for you." John b came out of no we're taking my role.
"No, no, no, it's not the scuba thief, is it?"
"He's not what you think."
"Goodness gracious, he's working some good psyops on you, Val. He's a smooth operator"
I giggled breaking the whole thing laughing.
"No he's not. He's really clumsy." I start but Sarah finishes.
"He uses finger guns why too often." He does his finger guns and blows on them at the end.
"But I think I might be able to change this one, sir." I smile taking my role back.
"You'd better be careful, Valerie"
"Once a pouge, always a pouge." John b finishes my thought. We are inside now and Sarah stops walking.
"All right, vic, vlad. It's time to play the truth game."
"Again?" I question. We've already played this dumb game twice today.
"What the hell are we doing here?" I sigh.
"Look, Sarah I already told you. I can't tell you."
"Okay well Intel on the mission is the price of the ticket, and I'm the only way your getting in. Its your choice." She meets my eyes and finishes.
"I have to know."
"Okay." John b says and I shake my head and beg him with my eyes as Sarah tugs my arm as a way of telling me to stop.
"I'm on a treasure hunt." Sarah breaks into laughter. I look down as tears fill my eyes and I back up.
" I gotta use the restroom." I walk away as fast as I can to the bathroom. The second I'm in I fell to the ground and start crying. Not even caring if someone would see me. I just cry. After a couple seconds Sarah walks in.
"Luna?" She questions until my sob makes her turn. She sighs and locks the bathroom door. Sliding down to the floor she doesn't say anything she just cradles me and holds me in her arms as I cry until I can't anymore. Once I'm ready to talk I sit up and look into those beautiful hazel eyes I could get lost in forever.
"I'm sorry." I whispered and my voice was raspy. I stood and went to the mirror. I splashed my face with water and dried it. Sarah stayed on the floor looking straight ahead.
"Before we go can I know why you didn't want me to know? I mean it's not that bad. John b explained."
"My mother died from stuff like this then I found out I had more family and I was so excited. Then I came here and I met jj. He loved me and understood me. Then boom. He's on the same adventure our mom was before she got sick. There goes my family. Then all the sudden this princess comes by and wants to get slushes. Everything's fine again. I just don't want you or jj to die. You two are all I have now." A tear leaves Sarah eye and she leans in and hugs me. When she pulls away I pull her in again but kiss her. With desire and lust. Need. We leave the bathroom and find John b. He stands immediately. Hugging me he says he's sorry and I forgive him. There's no way he knew I would freak like that.
"It's okay John b i know you didn't mean it."