0.6

I woke up and left for coffee. I get to the place to check the house when I feel arms wrap around me from behind. I smile and turn around knowing who it is.
"Well hello to you too." Sarah chuckles.
"Your brother got arrested yesterday, and we might want to go get him before they call your dad." This took me by shook. I spun around.
"Arrested?! For what?"
"He sunk toppers boat and his mom pressed charges, so let's go get him."
She takes my hand and we get in her car headed to the police station. We get there and go inside. I look to Sarah who nods and I walk up to the reception desk.
"How much would the bail be to get jj maybank out."
"You his guardian?" I sigh.
"Sister."
"His hearing is in two weeks." I nod.
"If you fail to show up, you will forfeit your bail. The restitution will be based on the average of three outside estimates of the cost of the damaged article."
"Restitution?" I ask completely lost.
"Pay for what he broke. It's a part of the plea. Yeah, and sign right hear please." I sign and look to Sarah who gives me a reassuring smile. As jj gets tossed towards me.
"Oh thank god I thought you were going to be dad."
"And I didn't think you would sink a boat, but look where we are know."
Some drunk guy who looks high off his shit barges in and looks at jj.
"Let's go, now!" Jj looks down then to me to tell me he'll be okay. I nod and the guy I can only assume is Luke drags him out.
I got to the backyard and John b runs to me faster than I've ever seen him run.
"I got the letter translated!"
"Really? Oh my god."
"And we may need Sarah for one more tiny mission." I here a sound and someone sneaking up on us so I pick up a shovel.
"It's me, jj. Stop, stop, stop." He says as John b pins him to a tree.
"What are you doing?"
"Shut up." Jj grabs us yanking us behind something.
"See that." He whispers pointing to another cop car.
"They're watching us, okay?"
"Who"
"I don't know let's go sneak around to the dock. Gotta go this way." He gets in the water and I frown following him. These were new shoes.
"Wait, wait, wait. You got the key to the pouge?"
"Yeah" I wonder what the pouge is I thought these guys were the pouges.
"John, hurry, hurry, hurry."
"Come on, come on, come on." We all get in a boat that jj starts and slowly drives off.
"First I almost get strangled to death by kooks."
"What!" I shout and jj rolls his eyes.
"Now I'm on the hook for 30 grand. We should just dip." He says and I think for a second.
"Okay, we're do you wanna go? Hm?"
"Yucatán. Yo, I'm dead serious right now. Surf all day, and then and then we can just live of off lobsters we catch with our bare hands."
"You just wanna leave cuz you got your ass beat."
"You didn't see the photos." I looked up at jj.
"What photos."
"Think about it, they're willing to kill for this gold."
"Then it's gotta be out there." John b says defending his case. I'm fully in on this mission now. My mom died looking for this I feel like I need to avenge her or something.
"Have you lost your mind? One hundred years, man. One hundred years, people have been tryin to find this royal merchant, and no one succeeded. And you think you are gonna be the one that actually finds it? When will you get it through your thick skull? If you keep goin down this road your gonna end up just like your dad!" Jj said getting louder as he spoke.
"I can't give up, jj! The last time I saw that dude, we got in an argument, and then he took all of our rent money and dipped for this royal merchant, and then I told them he was a shit father, and you know how the rest of that story goes."
"Bro, that wasn't your fault."
"It doesn't matter, who's fault it is, jj! Do you not understand that? I can't give up the hunt man. I don't care who's out there, who's going to try to kill us. Do you understand that? Look I've got a plan you comin or what? Four hundred million ,jj. How much do you owe in restitution." Jj gives in and we climb out of the boat.
"Ready?"
"Can you believe this midsummers shit, man."
"Of course I can. Happens every year. No matter how screwed up the rest of us are." We all take nice clothes out of a duffel bag and get changed. I tie jj's tie since he looks like he's snuggling. He smiles as a thank you.
"So what's the plan?" Jj asks as John b hands me something
"Okay, I need you two to get this too Sarah." Jj snatches it from me.
"Ohh! Can I read it?"
"No, you can't read it." John b says shaking his head.
"Who's Vic and vlad?"
"God, do you ever listen?" John b says annoyed.
"Hold up, are you mackin' Sarah Cameron?" My head shot up to jj when he said that.
"Would you shut up!" I shouted getting annoyed.
"He's mackin' Sarah Cameron!"
"Listen! We're doing it for everybody, all right?"
"What."
"Nothin'."
"Thanks for bein' a team player, bro."
"Yeah, we'll..."
"Could you just hold still." I ask as I finally finish the tie.
"So who's vic then."
"Me, dumb ass." I slap his arm playfully. Me and jj walk over and I link arms with him and we walk right passed security. We blended into the crowd. And I saw Sarah walk in with her family. God she's beautiful. I get yanked away and see one of jj's friends.
"Dude don't sneak up on me like that right now." He says slightly shaking and I chuckle. He pulls jj into a hug.
"Whoa, unexpected PDA there, dr. Spock. But uh...hey, love you, too man." Jj pats his cheek kissing it.
"Dude I'm sick, over all this shit, man."
"You're sick? You don't seem sick."
"I'm sick on the inside."
"Right. well, I already knew that."
"Did shoupe do that?" He asks pointing to the bruse on jj's face.
"Oh, this. No. This is— it's my dad. You know? Has that right jab. can really snap it off at times."
"That looks like more than a jab, bro."
"It's nothing that hasn't happened before." Jj responds breaking my heart so I grab his hand.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have let you take the fall for all this."
"It's my fault!"
"Shut up."
"It's my fault."
"Shut up."
"You took the fall for me."
"Shut up."
"I'll tell the truth, go to the cops—"
"Shut up, Pope! Shut up. For once in your life, trust someone else. John b and us, we got it all sorted out. We're gonna be filthy rich, man we're back in the g-game, baby." Jj says proudly.
"g-game? I thought we lost the gold game."
"Yeah, we'll, we're in overtime now. Fourth and one, baby. Be right back."
"Fourth and one?"
"I'll explain— I'll explain later. Yes?" We began to make our way to Sarah. Me and jj are holding drink plates. So we blend into the workers.
"Dewar's and tonic"
"Right away, mr. Dunleavy" jj nodded and chuckled as we walked away. We see Sarah dancing with wheeze. I grab the note, then jj's hands smiling as i make him dance with me. We dance over to Sarah and make her dance with us.
"Luna, jj?"
"Yep." I nod and spin her as she chuckles.
"What?"
"I got a, uh, note from Vlad and Vic." Jj hands her the note and she looks at me furrowing her eyebrows. I winked and danced away.
"From..."
"Yeah"
"From Vic and vlad."
"Okay?"
"Read the note." Jj leaves and I slowly dance back when no one is looking.
"Listen jj thinks your makin John b. So..."
"What?!" She whisper yells.
"He asked and john b shot it down but he totally still thinks it."
"I would never date john b. I mean you on the other hand." She smiles and starts to slow dance. I look down at her in amusement and chuckle.
"But your with topper. By the way I could pass as your new friend right. I mean I've got money I'll pretend to be a kook." She smiles and looks up at me.
"You would do that?"
"Of course, I mean I have to make sure toppers treating you right don't i?" She giggles and nods.
"Definitely." I see people start to crowd near us.
"All right read the note, see you soon." I walk away and go to find jj. I find him getting jumped by three guys.
"What the hell! Who even are you." I ask and yank jj away from all three of them. One of them grab me from behind and I elbow him in the gut, then spin and punch him in the face. A security guard comes in and looks around.
"Is there a problem?" A guard comes out of nowhere.
"Pardon me officer. No, there is not an issue, I just" jj talks but I interrupt him.
"Actually, yes. No there is an issue. Uh, we got a criminal trespass in progress here. Beep! Call it in, right? Blatant disrespect for private property. yeah. We're in violations of all kinds of shit, sir, but these young gentlemen..." I fix one of the one I punched tie but he backed up.
"Don't touch my shit."
"...uh, caught us, sir, and they're about about to take us away. And that's what you should do, escort us out of here. You got us." I finish and jj goes along with it not even questioning me.
"Come on." The guard grabs us by the arm and starts dragging us out.
"Fix that tie, son." Jj says.
"Your looking spiffy too. You power puff girls have fun." I chuckle and the one in the blue speaks up.
"Tell Kiara she looks pretty hot for a pouge." Jj rips his arm back and runs at him. The guard grabs him and starts dragging us out again.
"Hey! Stop it. Come here! Let's go!"
The guard is pretty much lifting me off the ground.
"Look- look, man, I can walk myself. I got legs can you see that, brother?" I shout gaining some attention.
"Come on." The guard just ignores me and yanks me again.
"Just let me walk out myself." I continue complaining.
"Mr. dunleavy I see you got your drink." Jj says next to the man who asked us for a drink.
"Good that's really nice of you." The guard states before I reach my hand out.
"I'm just gonna down that." I say downing his drink in one sip.
"What the hell is wrong with her." He says to the guard as I smirk.
"Sorry, sir." The guard apologies.
"Ahh, whoo!" Whatever that drink was it was good. The security finally gets us to the main part of the party and I start shouting.
"It's okay, everybody! Do not panic. Leave it to the men and woman in uniform. Let's hear it for them." I start clapping but no one follows.
"Rose! Look like lady liberty!" Jj shouts and I laugh.
"Hey! Let go of them." The girl pouge yells.
"You can't boot them!"
"Excuse me, mam."
"Really?" People try to get her to stop.
"I invited them here. I'm a member of this club." A woman next to her pulls her back. Jj flips the guard to the ground on his back.
"Sorry about that. hey, mandatory power hour at rixon's, kie, Pope you as well, all right? Rixon's cove. let's roll. Alright, kie, come on. Workers of the world unite! Throw off your chains!" Jj yells and kie and Pope start running towards us as I give Sarah a wink as I see her looking.
"Colonel." I greet John b who was waiting for us.
"Captain."
"Mission accomplished, sir." Me and jj salute him and kie and Pope reach us as we start running.
"Later losers." We yell.