0.7

"Hey, guys. So like my dad is already gonna kill me. So what's this mandatory meeting about?"Pope asks.
"Might as well tell him, man, before we're gaffed." I look at John b who rolls his eyes.
"You ready for this?"
"Yeah."
"So, the gold never went down with the royal merchant." John b tells them. And kie rolls her eyes annoyed before speaking.
"Oh my god here we go again."
"No, all right, hear him out, all right?" Jj says ready for him to explain.
"It's been here the whole time. It's on the island."
"Are you serious?" Kiara asks and John b nods.
"Oh my god." She believes it.
"I'd like to voice my skepticism." Pope says crossing his arms over his chest.
"I'm sure you would, Pope, but can I please present you with my evidence, sir." John b says handing him the letter.
"Proceed."
"I have a letter from Denmark tanny." He says proudly but kie shoots it down.
"Who the hells that?"
"Denmark tanny was a slave that survived the royal merchant wreak."
"Check this out." Pope hands her the letter.
"What?" She's still completely lost and I could tell so I stood up walking around.
"Okay slaves weren't mentioned as crew members on the ship, but John b's dad, he found the complete manifest. That was his big discovery. So, tanny used the gold from the merchant to buy his freedom. After that, he bought his farm. Drumroll please, because that farm is..." Jj drums on his knee so I clear my throat.
"Tanny hill plantation."
"Tanny hill?" They question. So John b answers.
"yeah. So, after that, he used his money to free even more slaves, and then he sold a shit-ton of rice, which pisses off all of the white planters, and then they decide to lynch him." I move to where John b is to continue for him again.
"So on the day they were coming to get him, he writes a letter to his son as a farewell, and in the last line of that letter he leaves a coded message about where to find the gold."
"Where?" Kie asks confused again.
"Harvest the wheat in parcel nine, near the water. except... theres no wheat. You see, wheat is code for gold, check this out. The gold is in parcel nine, near the water." I finish.
"Holy shit." Kie laughs standing up.
"All we need is a survey map of the property, and we've found found the gold." John b laughs.
"Okay so this might have a small chance of being actually true." Kie high fives me.
"Dude it's like king tut. I'm a genius. Hey, whoa! Hello! Fire! Your near the fire. Your gonna burn." John b yells as jj hugs him and leans towards the fire.
"I'm so proud of you right now."
"Thank you. That's really sweet of you."
"Okay, so guys." Pope interrupts their bromance.
"What's the plan?"
"Good question. Sarah Cameron's coming tonight. She'll bring an original survey map—" I smiled at the thought of Sarah but then Kiara interrupts John b which breaks me out of my thoughts.
"Hold on. Sarah? Wh- why Sarah?" She asks and I furrow my eye brows in curiosity.
"Um..."
"This is gonna be good." Jj said from behind me hugging me but then giving me a nuggie. I squirmed out of his grasp. And ran over near John b leaving him laughing.
"Sarah, um, she— she got me and Luna into the archives in chapel hill yesterday, and that's where I got the letter."
"You two were in chapel hill with Sarah Cameron?"
"Yeah, um—"
"He was makin' on her." Jj said and I walked over to him grabbing his hand and walking out of hearing range. I looked for anyone before taking.
"Listen, I'm gonna tell you something but you can't tell anyone. Not even John b. Okay?"
"Yeah sis, you could tell me anything." I chuckled then smiled up at him.
"Thanks, jay. So, John b's not makin' on Sarah."
"Really? It seemed like they are, i mean."
"Well there not because she's got topper. Oh, and also I'm the one makin on her!" I whisper shout and jj's eyes go wide. Then he smiles.
"Damn sis, you've been here a couple days and already got a kook, nice."
"Not nice cuz now everyone thinks John b's makin on her." Jj gasps.
"I'm sorry all right I'll tell them I was wrong and that were just using Sarah. But don't tell kie about Sarah she hates her and I don't know why."
"Ok, I love you, jay." He smiles and hugs me.
"Love you too." We walk back over and kie is yelling.
"Look, you don't know her yet. I do! You can't trust her." Pope joins in now too.
"Her brother hit me in the back with a golf club." I join in the argument for a second.
"Sarah and her brother are two different human beings."
"What did she do to you, exactly?" John b asks the obvious.
"She's like a— like a spitting cobra. First she — she blinds you, and then—"
"This is a bad analogy." Yeah John b piss her off some more.
"Listen to me! Whatever we get, she's gonna try to take." Kie finishes and goes to walk off. I catch up to her and pull her to the side.
"Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?" I ask and kie sighs.
"Listen, I know what your gonna say."
"Really? I don't think you do."
"Your gonna say how I should give john b a break or try to make amends but I'm not going to not after everything."
"You are wrong, I was right. No, fuck john b what he did was wrong if he knew you and Sarah didn't get along. Also no ones makin' on Sarah But you need to get through tonight. I mean we are this close to finding the gold and I think your gonna want to be there when we do. Also jay is really excited and when you walked away I could tell how his whole mood changed. So if not for John b for jj and Pope, hell do it for me. I mean I haven't known you long but i know you played a role in finding the gold so I want you there when we find it." I rambled on and on without realizing.
"Whoa your right I had no idea what you were going to say. But I will."
"Thank you."
She laughs and we walk back to the boys. They just look at us.
"What are we waiting for. Let's go meet Sarah." We get In the van and make it to where we were going.
"Hit it, boys! We're goin' recon-mission." Jj yells ready to jump out of the van as thunder rumbles.
"Yo, uh... so, uh, I think I'm gonna do this one on by myself... tonight."
"Really"
"What? Nothin'"
"Yeah, I'm comin' too." I get out and wait for John b in the front of the van. He finally gets out and we head to the top of the thing Sarah's on.
"So your makin' Sarah?" John b says bluntly.
"What? No."
"Your a really bad lier, you know."
"Fine, I am but don't tell anyone else or I swear to god I will—"
"Okay! Okay. I won't say anything, geez." He says scared as we reach the top.
"Hi." I say and walk to her stumbling from the storm and Sarah giggles.
"I got the map. You wanna see?"
The thunder rumbles again and I fall forward into Sarah and laugh.
"Oh shit." We look at the map and John b smiles.
"Holy hell."
"Yeah."
"Did you guys tell your crew that your here with me?" I nod and John b looks at her knowingly.
"Did you?" I ask. John b grabs the map.
"I'll wait down there." We nod and he leaves. I look to Sarah.
"No, but I will, though. I don't care." She sighs.
"And I'm breaking up with topper." My eyes widen at that.
"Really?"
"Yeah. What you don't think that's a good idea?" She asks nervous.
"No, no, no, um, it's... it's, uh..."
"Yeah."
"Yeah. Yeah." The thunder clapped and Sarah screamed and jumped into me so I caught her.
"Oh, my, god!" I chuckled.
"You okay?"
"Yeah." She laughs and somehow it's contagious. But she somehow speaks through it.
"What are we doing up here." I laugh and hold her still.
"I have no idea. You wanna go down?"
"No."
"Neither do I." I chuckle and pull her in. Her lips are rough and soft at the same time. Our lips move in-sync and I swear in this moment we are the only two people on this earth. That is until I hear someone yell.
"I knew it, Sarah." I could tell he was topper but I wasn't expecting him to be the guy I punched.
"I knew you were lying to me."
"Topper!" Sarah yells more scared than anything.
"You're a stupid, lying whore. You know that?"
"So first I'm a prude and now in a whore?"
"Yeah you are."
"Topper, stop, man."
"You stop, man. You don't wanna do this."
"Hey. Hey." Sarah Tries to stop him.
"Tell her to back off, 'cause I'm about to beat your fucking ass—" I shake my head to Sarah when she goes to grab him.
"Walk, man. Go home. Go home."
"You know what I'm gonna do? I'm about to drown you like your pouge friends old man." That get to me. I'm the only one John b has opened up to about all of that.
"Quit it." I say sternly and Sarah notices how my vibe changed.
"Leave!" She yells but he just looks at her. I swear I would beat the shit out of this guy if he didn't mean something to Sarah.
"Tell your bitch girlfriend, back off!"
"Go home!" I shout and he turns to Sarah.
"Sarah let's talk."
"She doesn't want to!" I step back nearly on the edge.
"What did I say?" Topper threatens and shoved me over the balcony. I fall for a really long time then I feel a thud and everything faded too black. I can still hear though. I hear the rain and wind, the rustling of the trees. I hear... I hear Sarah?"
"No! Luna!" She's crying. I can hear her sobs.
"Luna! Shh. Oh... oh, my god." She starts crying even more now. God all I want to do is open my eyes and sit up and hug her and just be there for her.
"Hey, can you open your eyes, please? Someone help! Please someone help!" She starts yelling for help. I wonder were topper disappeared to. Suddenly I can hear john b.
"Oh my god Sarah. what happened?" She tells him word by word in-between sobs.
"Top-topper.....he....he shoved........her." I can feel too because I felt my head get lifted into a lap and I feel tear drops on my chest. As someone grips my shirt crying. I can only guess it's Sarah.
"It's okay, it's okay I'm with you." I hear and groan trying to sit up but I can't. I hear people running the heavy breathing and hear the rest of the group most Importantly jj.
"You're okay, okay...."
"Sarah! what happened?" I hear Pope.
"I don't know what to do. She needs help. Topper shoved her." I could tell from the crying and stress she was starting to hyperventilate.
"Where the hell is he?!" I hear jj shout and it scares me that he is going to get himself hurt.
"Oh, please, please, please, get help. I don't care who. Just call someone." Sarah rambles still sobbing into my chest.
"Go. Go!" Kie yells!
"Help, please." Sarah says so quietly it's pretty much a whisper.
"Pope, hurry!" Kie is still yelling.
"Luna, please stay with me. Please don't leave me." She whispers with the last of her strength. I suddenly feel lips on mine. I've felt them enough to know there Sarah's. I can't even try to picture Kiaras face right know. She probably hates me. If I was awake I know jj would be cat call whistling right now. Probably the same with John b.
"Pope! Come on!" I hear jj yell and everything goes silent and I can't hear anything. I soon fall asleep.