two.

RISING MOON
CHAPTER TWO

RISING MOONCHAPTER TWO

. . .

The next morning, Jonathan woke up to the sound of cars pulling up to the front of the house. After brushing his teeth and washing his face, he pulled a sweatshirt over his pajama pants and walked out to see a gigantic orange truck in front of the house with his father and Billy Black.

"Look who decided to wake up," Billy announced as he noticed the youngest Swan. The others turned to him, and that was when he noticed Bella in the truck with Jacob Black.

Jonathan pulled a crooked smile, shaking hands with a \man he'd known all his life, Charlie's best friend. "Nice to see you, again, sir."

"Welcome back, son." Billy smiled softly at the boy.

"Good to be back," Jonathan smiled back, letting go of his hand and turned to look at the truck, "Does this mean I get to be chauffeured now?"

Charlie laughed a bit, "Yes. It's Bella's, but you're free to use it or ask her to drive you places." He then got caught up in whatever play-fighting that had been taking place before Jonathan had gotten there.

"Sick," Jonathan smirked at his older sister, who rolled her eyes at the mischief lighting up in his eyes. "You hear that Bells?" Jonathan called out as he crossed his arms over his chest. "You get to drive me places now."

"Like you ever go out anyways!" Bella calls back, grin on her face widening. It was good to see as Jonathan watched her converse with Jacob, albeit still a little awkwardly.

The next morning, Monday, both Swans pulled into the high school parking lot. He could see the dread washing over Bella as the only free parking space was in the front, surrounded by other cars and students, all lounging about before the first bell.

Sighing, Jonathan turned to Bella, "Hey," he caught her attention. "We're gonna be okay. Okay?" She nodded, just trying to keep her focus on her younger brother. If only they were actual twins, instead of being separated by a little over a year between their births. She needed the lifeline to her brother, who wasn't sabotaged by anxiety, who was always a steady storm that she had grown to rely on.

Jonathan wasn't extroverted by any means, but he also wasn't wracked with anxiety that kept him from fitting in. He had his issues, which was why he was also a chaotic storm of emotions with a temper and wrath worse than the ocean itself, but he was steady, consistent. He was all she had, and they were close, regardless of their differing, conflicting relationships with their mother. Jonathan never had a hard time making friends, not that he ever was really interested in making friends. People just seemed to gravitate towards him, and they liked him, for all of his grumpy, reactive ways. It was never hard for him to talk to people, and it was definitely never hard for him to get girlfriends or boyfriends, not that they were ever serious to Jonathan.