four.

RISING MOON
CHAPTER FOUR

RISING MOONCHAPTER FOUR

. . .

Their second day of school, Jonathan walked out of the house and found Bella waiting in her rusted, old pickup truck. She had her earbuds in and nose in her book, an assigned book from her English class most likely. She wore a pair of dark jeans and a tan brown jacket over a green blouse layered over her white long sleeve. She had a cute black-cloth-wrap style headband over her dark hair, too.

"Hey," Jonathan greeted her when he got into the truck and subsequently gained her attention.

"Morning." Bella smiled meekly, putting her book away and taking her earbuds out of her ears, placing everything back in her bag that sat on the floor in front of the center counsel.

"You ok?" Jonathan asks, raising an eyebrow at her anxious behavior.

Bella chews on her lip for a second in thought, probably debating whether she should tell him or not, and decides to do so at the end of her internal debate. Jonathan was always a good listener to her problems, even if he didn't always understand them. "It's just... I," She tries to voice her problem and Jonathan sits patiently, waiting for her response. "There's this guy in my bio class and he... he was a jerk."

"What did he do?" Jonathan asks curiously.

"Well, I sat next to him and throughout the class he made it seem like I... like I smelled, or something, and then as soon as class was over he was in a hurry to get away from me..." Bella managed to get out, "And then when I went into the office he was trying to get out of the class. It's like I repulsed him, or something, I don't know..." She looked down as she shook her head, second-guessing her assumptions.

"Wow," Jonathan scoffed, "What a dick." He nodded in agreement. "Want me to go kick his ass for you, Bells?"

"Jon!" Bella scolded mockingly, hitting him in the arm with a book as she laughed. "No, don't, please. You have enough offenses on your record as it is."

"Can't blame me for asking," Jonathan smiles, "You're my sister, and I don't want some douche-bag making you feel like that."

"Thanks," Bella mumbles with a light heart, and a soft smile, even if she doesn't make eye contact with him.

"What was this guy's name though?" Jonathan asks.

"Why? So you can go pick a fight with him?" Bella scoffs.

"No, okay, yeah, maybe," He laughs when she shoots him a look. "But seriously, I wanna know who hurt your feelings."

"Edward Cullen."

Jonathan stiffened. That ass-prick? He nodded as he processed that information. Wow, he sure is a pompous dick. Okay. He'll keep an eye out for him, then. "Seriously, you sure you don't want me to beat him up? I could make it look like it was his fault?"