five.

RISING MOON
CHAPTER FIVE

RISING MOONCHAPTER FIVE

. . .

"I'm sorry, Evangeline, but your brother is an ass!" Jonathon seethed as the two walked together away from the school building. Apparently, Edward Cullen had been a no-show that day, and so Bella had spent the entire morning before classes in the cold in front of her truck, waiting for a confrontation that never happened. What an insult to his sister! How dare this rich prick treat his sister this way?!

They had been partnered up for one of their class projects and also happened to have the last class of the day together, so once the bell rang, they were off together in the direction of the Swan household.

Cass had reluctantly dragged off her partner, a dreamy blonde who would have much rather had her nose in her book, from what Jon had seen, than do any kind of socialization with their peers. Jon thinks her name is Helena or Helaena or something; he hasn't gotten acquainted with any other students here yet, but she seemed nice.

"I have three; you're gonna have to be more specific," Evangeline deadpanned to the human boy, unable to stop the slight tug at the corners of her lips into an amused smirk.

"Edward," Jon hissed, "I have him on my fucking shit list! Your brother is a royal prick deserving of a good beat down."

Evangeline chuckled, "Yeah, well, you're not wrong. Edward has a major stick up his ass." She peered at the taller boy, then, curious, "So what'd he do this time? You don't seem the type to get this bothered over nothing."

"He humiliated my sister and made her insecure," Jonathan spoke through his rage as he reigned in the fiery fury of his temper. He stuffed his hands in his hoodie pockets, wishing he could get a smoke right about now. Those always took the edge off of his temper. "And now he's a no-show. She wanted to confront him this morning, but of course, he's absent."

Evangeline nodded, agreeing with his upset demeanor over how Edward had treated Bella Swan. Obviously, she had heard about it from Edward, and she knew that Jonathon must've been pissed, too, because Edward hadn't been there for Bella to confront. Instead, he was up in Alaska taking a temporary breather with the Denali Coven. Most likely for the next two to three weeks, it honestly depended on how out of control he had felt.

"What? Not defending your brother?" Jon mused, a little surprised.

Evangeline shrugged rather daintily at that. "He's annoying and such a snob, so I don't disagree. He could probably use a good punch to the face to get a reality check every once in a while." She looked over to the boy, who continued to amuse her and simultaneously took her non-existent breath away. "You and Bella both will have to wait, though. He's gone on a little sabbatical for a couple of weeks and won't be back for quite a time."

Jonathan sighed, disappointed. Though he noted the strange way she spoke, he had yet to say anything. He kind of liked the way she talked. It was different. "Shame. I could've used the stress relief of throwing my fist into his face, especially since I can't smoke here."