chapter 17.

you south for the umpteenth time, thinking about what atsuya requested from his father. it kept bugging you, you promised yourself that you will not give atsuya the horrible life that you had when you were young up until you became a famous and successful fashion designer that is well–known today.

you do not have any problems with it. you were even grateful that atsuya took into consideration playing volleyball. of course, he is still a child, teaching him the basics would be better than stepping up the whole game for him. for pete’s sake, he is only four years old. giving atsuya a hard time may lead to unnecessary accidents. and any parents who see their child hurting cannot rectify it— any other way around.

“hey, ya sure yer okay? i know yer stressing out for atsuya, asking me to teach him.” atsumu sat beside you, and you looked at him, eyes filled with unsettling [eye color] promenading around your orifices. it tells him that he should comfort you until the very end.

the both of you were currently at your home, starting the weekend with atsuya going to the gymnasium where the japan’s national team were practicing. they do not have any games at the moment as they were still completing the contracts on those who still want to be part of the team as they want to retire but no doubt, all of them won’t as they are still young and the country needs them.

“i feel like atsuya is pressured, deep inside me, something tells me that atsuya should already know how to play volleyball since you are his father but half of me tells me that he is interested in the sport.” you sighed— once again, shaking your head in skepticism.

“[y/n], he is our son, as you said last time. i know that if he wants something, he will force you to give it to him. i know that— he takes it after me.” he proudly declared, closing his eyes to feel remarkable in his discovery.

that statement made you giggle. at some point, it is unfair for you the justification that you carried atsuya nine months on your stomach, he did not get fifty percent of your personality, it was more seventy over thirty, seventy atsumu, thirty yours. see the outrageous results?

“see? no need to worry, if it still bothers you, i’ll ask him myself, alright?” he looked at you softly and full of adoration, placing his hand on the back of your head, rubbing the tip of his fingers to your scalp. as he thinks back to it, you like people placing their hands on your back— with full consent and permission, of course.

“yeah... i don’t have to worry about it too much. i’m overreacting again.” you withered upon your realization as atsumu shook his head, disagreeing with you.

“no, yer not, it’s okay, it’s normal to worry for atsuya,” he reassured, smiling at you, giving you much comfort— he does not fail to do so, up until now. your heart finally felt at ease now, also getting a few butterflies on your stomach to add to the touch.

before you could even answer him, you could hear atsuya’s feet rushing through the house, indeed eager about the whole volleyball— of course, his father is the one who is gonna teach him and he cannot stop babbling about it. he is gonna spend his whole day with his parents after all.

“i‘m ready!” he rushed through the living room, his smile widened when he saw you and atsumu together, scurried in between you two, feeling all fuzzy.

“well, look who it is. now, shall we?” he carried atsuya in his arms, assisting you with his free hand as you gladly took it. he holds it whilst going outside of your home.

this time, atsumu insisted on taking his car instead of your own. as usual, both you and atsuya are on the shotgun— atsuya is in the middle of the both of you, both wearing the seatbelt on to be prudent. thankfully, atsumu is not feeling stiff or nervous. he can finally drive smoothly without any problems. he felt that everything is going vaster than expected.