33. Running Up That Hill

‧₊ ·˚ ༘❁ ┊ep 4

‧₊ ·˚ ༘❁ ┊ep 4. Dear Billy. ▬▬▬▬▬▬
꒰ ✎ ꒱ؘ STARGIRL, a stranger things fanfiction

Max soon awoke. Max gasped for air as she woke to turn to Steve and Dustin who were with Franny.

"I saw something," Max gasped, Steve furrowed his brows with an expression of confusion on his face. "Are Nancy, Kirby, and Robin here yet?" Max asked as Dustin shook his head.

Max sighed before she grabbed her flashlight and walked outside of the room. Franny rushed after her walking with her, "What did you see?" Franny asked catching up to her.

Just then, Kirby and the other arrived with panted breathing. "Come on," Max told them as she lead them to the wall where she saw the grandfather clock. "It was here," Max spoke as she and the others shined their flashlights at the wall.

"Right here," Max added as Max furrowed her brows. Everyone watched the wall to see if anything would show up. "A grandfather clock?" Nancy asked with a stern look.

Max nodded her head with her mouth hanging open. "It was so real." She breathed, Franny who now stepped in front of Max, "Are you sure it was real and not Vecna in your mind?" Franny asked as Max looked to her then the wall before shaking her head.

"No, it felt real, but maybe it wasn't, maybe it was. I don't know! I'm sorry." Max apologize for the shouted word.

"Max, you don't need to apologize for shouting out, you just don't know," Kirby spoke after Max as Max turned to her and nodded.

"But, it was there, and then..." Max took a breather for a second, "I woke up." Steve nodded, "It was like she was in a trance or something." Steve added. "Exactly what Eddie said what happened to Chrissy," Dustin responded.

"That's not even the bad part," Max gulped as everyone stayed silent. "There are these files of Fred and Chrissy. Things that happened," Max walked past them before heading into Ms. Kelly's office.

Everyone followed her as she sat in the spinning chair and showed everyone the files, "Fred and Chrissy," Max started, "they both came to Ms. Kelly for help." Max opened Fred's file before handing Chrissy's file to Franny.

"Uh, they were both having headaches," Robin took one of the papers before reading it, "bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then... the nightmares,"

"Like bad ones? Or they're like really really..." Robin trailed off before Max nodded, "Really bad, they would also have troubled to sleep." Max's voice started to get shakily.

"They'd wake up in cold sweat. Then they started seeing things. Bad things."

Max looked off to the ground before speaking again, "From the past. And these visions, they just... they kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually... everything ended."