Chapter Two

Anaya found herself wondering late into the night. The Lotus Guard payed her no attention as she stood on the meditation pad and just looked at the view.

"Anaya, why are you awake?"

The teenager turned to look at Tenzin, he looked tired and his words slurred. Anaya shrugged as she turned back around, "Is something wrong?" Tenzin asked as he stepped closer; Anaya shook her head.

Tenzin bit his lip before he walked closer and stood next to her. "Maybe I should take you into the city in a few days, when you're settled down and hopefully the others won't be all on top of you" Tenzin stated, "Is it pretty?" Anaya asked.

"It can be, if you go to the right parts" Tenzin informed Anaya.

"I was never really allowed out of the Beifong estate" Anaya informed, Tenzin looked confused "Why?" He asked.

"For my safety, or that's what Uncle Baatar said.. I think it's what could've happened.. I mean even the rumor of Lin Beifong having a kid would go far" Anaya stated, "And an air bending kid? Spirits that would go even further" Anaya sighed with a smile, bittersweetly joking.

Tenzin frowned, "I'm sorry if it was hard for you" Tenzin acknowledged. Anaya shrugged, "It wasn't bad.. just.. I had parents they just weren't my parents" Anaya informed as she looked at her hands.

"They were good to you?"

"I don't think they wanted me to leave. I think the only reason they let me leave is because I wanted to come" Anaya smiled, avoiding the question. "You wanted to come?" Tenzin asked, Anaya nodded. "I loved my life, it was amazing. But I wasn't content. And I wanted to meet my parents, and once I read your letter and you and Aunt Su had been talking I knew it was my chance" Anaya informed.

Tenzin smiled, "I hope our family will make you feel just as happy as you were in Zaofu".

'Our Family'?

Anaya tried to hide her grin but Tenzin managed to see it. "I hope to be happier" Anaya informed, "And I know I will be" Anaya said as she saw her fathers panicked face.

"I mean.. with Jinora, Ikki, and Meelo I surely will be. Then another on the way, that's exciting" Anaya humored as she leaned against the railing, every so often looking back at the water.

"Not many fun experiences with water?" Tenzin asked, "None" she admitted.

Tenzin nodded, "We must talk more in the morning. Pema wants to get some girls time with you, away from the others–" "I'd love too. She's my mom, you're my dad.. and Lin is my mom" Anaya interrupted, she let out a small awkward chuckle, "That'll be even harder to explain" Anaya said as she looked up at Tenzin, her voice wasn't as cheerful as Tenzin thought it should be but it still made him smile.

"Of course. Suyin wishes to speak with you tomorrow, after breakfast" Tenzin informed, Anaya nodded with a chuckle; "That'll take up most of the day. I'd have to talk to everyone or else they'd be offended" Anaya smiled. "It's the joy of siblings–"You have siblings, right?" Anaya asked as she turned.

Tenzin nodded, "Bumi and Kya, we can talk about them tomorrow if you'd like".

"I want to know about everyone" Anaya stated.

.
.
.

The morning had been fun. Jinora, Ikki, and Meelo had woken Anaya up and brought her to breakfast, there they would tell stories; Anaya was mostly of the twins, Wing and Wei, and their pranks. Jinoras was of books, Ikki was of their father, and Meelo was of his sisters.

But now she found herself about to talk to her Aunt Su and possibly the entire family.

Tenzin looked at Anaya and held the machine out and the Teenager stepped forward and grabbed it. "I'll be at the meditation patio with the others" Tenzin informed Anaya as he laid a hand on her shoulder, she gave him a nod and he began down the stairs.