2

Previously.... 

"Has your magical guardian not told you any of this Mr Potter?" the goblin king replied with a dangerous glint in hiseyes."No sir, however he's been in Azkaban most of my life and we never got a lot of opportunities to talk sir" Harry statedsadly at the thought of his godfather."No Mr Potter, I'm not talking about the recently deceased Lord Sirius Orion Black, I'm talking about Mr Dumbledore ashe is your magical guardian and has been for the last 15 years" 

Now.... 

"WHAT!" Harry shouted "WHY AND HOW IS HE MY MAGICAL GUARDIAN!""Calm down Mr Potter!" Ragnok said in a low commanding voice. "Now what is the problem with your magicalguardian?""What's the problem with Dumbledore being my magical guardian?!" Harry asked rhetorically. "The fact that he left meon a doorstep in the middle of winter the night my parents died at a family that hated magic and in my uncles wordswanted to 'beat the freakiness out of me' every time I done accidental magic, which at the time I didn't even know whatmagic was!" he exclaimed."What do you mean family that hated magic? Surely you can't mean muggles?" The king asked curiously."I do my lord" harry responded quietly.

For a moment Ragnok was pissed at the audacity of Dumbledore, but then the anger gave way to something muchmore primal for goblins: greed."Well Mr Potter I do believe we can use that to our advantage" Ragnok declared with a huge smirk."How can we use me living with muggles my entire life to our advantage sir?" harry asked leaning forward in his chair."Well there was a law passed in the wizengamot passed in 1758 that stated that no heirs to the noble houses can beplaced in the care of a house of lesser standing and there are several different levels of house ranks. The highest rankis most ancient and revered houses which is only held by 7 houses, then it goes most ancient and most noble and thenit lessens to ancient and noble, just noble and the lowest is being referred to as clan, for example clan Weasely""So how does this help us and what house ranking does the Potter family hold?""Well the Potter family, being one of the founding 15 of the Ministry of Magic is ranked as the most ancient and mostnoble house of Potter and the reason we can use this to our advantage is because muggles would rank less than clanand Mr Dumbledore as the Chief Warlock would know this law and willingly broke it as your magical guardian whichgives us the option to emancipate you so that in the eyes of the law you would be considered an adult."Harry immediately perked up at this information as it would work with his plans to train to beat Voldemort andcomplete the prophecy, and most importantly at the moment would get him out from underneath Dumbledore's thumb."How would I go about becoming emancipated then sir?""Please Mr Potter drop the sir and just call me Ragnok" the king requested and Harry quickly agreed as long as thebank manager called him 'Just Harry'."Anyway Harry to achieve emancipation you just have to sign a few documents stating your name and reason foremancipation we'll then send it to the ministry and should get the response within the hour" whilst Ragnok wasspeaking he was also reaching for the emancipation papers and when he finished speaking he slammed them on thedesk and laughed heartily at the look of horror on Harrys face due to the hundreds of pieces of parchment that hewould have to sign."I'd better get started then...." He replied somewhere between excited for freedom and depression because all thepaper he had to sign.-Oo0oOAn hour later he was finally finished signing and Ragnok had just sent the papers off with a high priority Gringotts owl."Now Harry, whilst we're waiting would you like to do an inheritance test as well as an abilities test?""How are these tests done and what exactly is an abilities test?" Harry asked."Quite simple really, all you have to do is use a ritual knife and drop some blood into a large basin and then drop apiece of parchment for the blood to soak into it and an abilities test will give us an accurate reading of your power andany special abilities that you may possess along with potential familiars and any area of magic you have an affinity in.""Okay Ragnok, where is the basin and ritual knife" Ragnok just stood up and walked to a cupboard and retrieved theaforementioned items.Harry proceeded to comply with the instructions of slicing his hands and letting it fill the basin and then taking a bloodreplenishing potion. Ragnok then lowered the parchment and waited for the blood to soak into the parchment. After 30minutes the process was complete and Ragnok lifted up the parchment and read the results and his eyebrows thendisappeared into his hairline."Well, well Harry it would appear that you are a man of many talents." The king said whilst handing the parchment overto Harry.Harry James Potter-BlackBorn: July 31st 1980Parents:MotherLily Potter nee EvansFather(s)