12

The Wizengamot was in courtroom 10 again for the trial of Potter versus Dumbledore. In the defendant's seats was Albus Dumbledore, Severus Snape, Molly Weasley, Ronald Weasley and Ginevra Weasley.

In the prosecution seat was Andromeda Tonks and Harry Potter. Harry had hired Andromeda a week ago based on the recommendation of Amelia Bones as she was well regarded as one of the better lawyers around and knew pureblood nobility etiquette due to her upbringing as a Black.

Officiating the case was Minister of Magic Amelia Bones along with acting Chief Warlock Tiberius Ogden.

"This is the court case of Harry J Potter against Albus P.W.B. Dumbledore, Severus T Snape, Ronald B Weasley, Ginevra M Weasley and Molly Weasley.

Mr Potter has charged Mr Dumbledore with monetary theft, attempted line theft, child endangerment and conspiracy to commit murder.

Mr Snape has been charged with just monetary theft.

Mr Weasley has been charged with monetary theft.

Miss Weasley has been charged with monetary theft, attempted line theft and the conspiracy to commit murder.

And finally Mrs Weasley has been charged with monetary theft, attempted line theft and the conspiracy to commit murder.

How do you all plea?"

In unison they all stated "Innocent". Apparently they had a lot of faith in Dumbledore to get them all out of this smelling like roses.

"Very well, since this is a high profile case we are going to vote on the use of veritaserum and magical oaths to ensure that Mr Dumbledore and Mr Snape do not try and counteract the truth serum in anyway."

This had the weasley's shouting in protest, whilst Snape developed a tick in his right eye being the only sign of his agitation. As always Dumbledore's disappointed grandfather persona was on full show.

While Harry couldn't vote in this trial it didn't mean that he couldn't choose a proxy to vote for him. Before the trial Harry had written out a proxy form stating that for any matters in which he can't attend for any reason either Madam Bones or madam Longbottom would vote in his place. Since Madam Bones was officiating the proceedings that left the elder Longbottom to vote in his stead.

The court easily got the ¾ vote needed for the admission of veritaserum seeing as most purebloods see line theft as one of the most heinous crimes in the wizarding world.

After Ginny had been dosed with veritaserum the questioning began.

"Are you Ginevra Molly Weasley, daughter of Arthur and Molly Weasley?"

"Yes"

"Have you been receiving money from the Potter vaults?"

"Yes"

"Who authorised these transactions?"

"Dumbledore"

Almost as one the Wizengamot gasped and started murmuring between each other. Most originally believing the charges against the great Albus Dumbledore to be false, but many were quickly changing their minds.

"ORDER IN THE COURTROOM!" the acting chief warlock shouted. "who were you conspiring to murder?"

"Harry Potter"

"Why?"

"Dumbledore and mum said he needed to die so we could get his money."

"And what was your part in this?"

"My role was to conceive his child before he died so that I as the child's mother could access the Potter fortune and place it in the Weasley family vault."