4

"GAH! Who the hell are you?" Harry replied with a rapid heartbeat.

"I asked you first young man! Now you will answer a question asked by your elder or else!"

Now harry was intrigued as to what the portrait could threaten him with so he replied with "or else what!"

The portrait went to reply but apparently it was stumped and after a few seconds it gave up, which resulted in several chuckles from around the room which again made Harry jump and nearly gave him a heart attack. There were several portraits around the room, including the one with the old man there were three male portraits and three female portraits.

The first old man that originally scared harry had long white hair in a manner eerily similar to Dumbledore, however that's where the similarities stopped as this old men had warm brown eyes a simple light blue robe.

The second man had black hair with bits of grey mixed and had dark grey eyes which seemed to hold equal amounts of intelligence and humour.

Finally the third man was largely built and covered in scars and had long brown hair that resembled a mane more than it did normal hairstyle, with hazel eyes and a beard that reached the bottom of the neck. Also in the portrait was a sword that looked very familiar.

Moving on to the female portraits there was an elderly lady whose hair whilst mostly grey still had the occasional splash of red here and there. But whilst old here blue eyes held an intelligence rarely found in many people.

The second female portrait was of a young women with black hair tied up in a bun similar to Professor McGonagall and sharp emerald green eyes.

The final portrait reminded the young lord a lot of Professor Sprout being an elderly plump lady who still had light blonde hair and a warm smile.

"Well young man? Are you going to introduce yourself?" This came from the elderly lady with blue eyes.

"umm.. Yes I am, my names Harry Potter" came the stuttered reply.

"Oho! One of my descendants then!" This came from the largely built man with sword.

"Hush Godric, that can't be all otherwise he wouldn't be here" the plump lady stated.

"Yes, come on boy. What's your full name?" The grey eyed man said.

"Harry James Potter-Black-Evans-Gryffindor-Ravenclaw-Le Fey Emrys" the young Lord stated quickly leaving the portraits gobsmacked.

"This can't be possible!" The oldest male exclaimed.

"Um, sorry sir but why can't this be possible?" Harry asked nervously.

"Myrddin Emrys is my name young man, or merlin if you prefer. Now the reason this shouldn't be possible is because when me and Morgana passed on without heirs we created a spell that looked for several qualities in a person. For my lordship the magic looked for someone that was pure of heart and the magic would also look for someone who is close to being as magically powerful as I am."

"My lordship" started the elder lady, who I assumed was Morgana Le Fey "looked for similar qualities, however the difference being that my lordship required that the heir has to be grey wizard of equal parts, meaning that they can use the dark arts for a good purpose without turning evil."

"Ooookay, wait, who are the rest of you?"

"Well my heir, I am Godric Gryffindor, master of transfiguration and swordsmanship" the lion warlock stated proudley.

"I am Rowena Ravenclaw young heir, master of runes, rituals, wards and spell creations" the youngest portrait said kindly.

"Well if I must greet you then I am Salazar Slytherin, master of potions, parsel magic and the dark arts" came the snide relpy from the snake founder of Hogwarts.