Olive Branch

No giggling children, no loud late night talking underclassmen or early morning tiptoed back to bed from a scandalous rendezvous sounds. Nothing but blissful silence and for all of that Artemis had some of the worst sleep of her life. Who knew the ambient sounds of dozens upon dozens of people from toddlers to adults were soothing? Certainly not her she groans groggily into her pillow. It probably didn't help that she was in an unfamiliar place and was in an unfamiliar bed even if said bed had the softest sheets and mattress she'd ever laid on. Cracking open one eye she reaches for her phone to check the time. 7:10 AM. Twenty minutes before her alarm was set to go off.

Huffing out an annoyed breath she preemptively turns it off and throws back the blanket before laying there naked spread out like a starfish. She had to say that this at least was something she hadn't minded in the least. Never having full privacy to sleep naked before Artemis took full advantage of the lock on her door and had stripped down to her birthday suit and nosedived onto the bed. Although it was a tad bit chilly if her perky nipples had anything to say about it.

Hopping to it she headed to the bathroom to complete her morning routine before digging through her bags for clothes. If the Avengers were anything like home then she had training first thing. That meant workout clothes. That would be in her duffle bag. Unzipping her hard case she pulled out underwear then went through her duffle for a black and gold sports bra that doubled as a top and the matching leggings. Tossing on a pair of socks she laces up her simple black Nike's and heads out to the kitchen as she ties up her long hair into a tight pony.

She was so not a morning person, but she'd rather get her day started than just do nothing. Artemis hated being inactive, she always had to be doing something. Even if she was sitting still she had a book or two on hand to read while she listened to music or was sewing something for someone as she watched a movie. Not having those things to do she chose to practice. First she needed her breakfast. While Steve had taken her around the Compound he'd had her make up a grocery list for Stark's AI, FRIDAY, to buy for her. The Irish accented computer lady had reassured her that everything she ordered would be waiting for her in the pantry or fridge this morning.

Sure enough cooling in the fridge was her preferred breakfast of champions. Pulling out two cans she took them over to the counter. Setting one down she popped the tab on the first and chugged it as quickly as she could, shuddering at the taste before repeating with the second can in record time.

"Did you just chug two energy drinks in less than ninety seconds?" Spinning around she was confronted with a bemused Tony Stark who was wearing the same jeans and band t-shirt layered over a black long sleeve shirt from yesterday. Based on his slightly haggard appearance he'd stayed up all night and based on the large and empty coffee cup in his hand he was here for a refill.

"Maybe." She says as she tosses the empty cans into the recycling bin under the counter like she'd been caught doing something she wasn't supposed to. Technically she wasn't allowed to drink them like that because Kitty, Jean, Storm, Logan and Hank had all told her that it was bad for her health. And while she was twenty-six she only now had the freedom to fully do as she wished without too much judgement. Or was she?

Coming over he pulls out one of the cans to read the label. "Starbucks Doubleshot energy." Raising an eyebrow slightly impressed while also being slightly concerned that her heart might explode from the amount of caffeine she'd just guzzled down.

Okay that was sounding a little judgy to her. Wanting to distract him from the clear concern for her health she blurted out, "Vanilla."

"What?" He looks up from the can to her in confusion.

"They're vanilla flavored." She points to the lip of the can where it states its flavor. "That's important."

Glancing down at the can he asks incredulously, "Really?"