1

"ARTHIT!"

A booming voice disrupted the peace of the office. A few of the new interns visibly jumped at the sound. The older employees, however, didn't bat an eyelash- this was a daily occurrence. Kongpob Sutthiluck wasn't known for his good nature. And almost all the employees under him would pity Arthit Rojnapat, his personal secretary, if Arthit didn't receive tons of special perks that others could not even dream of. Like living in Kongpob's house, to give one example.

The man in question, with his porcelain doll-like beauty, was simultaneously the object of envy and sympathy for many.

"Yes sir." Arthit's soft calm voice was a stark contrast to his employer's rough note. It was probably this calmness that has helped Arthit survive almost a decade with Kongpob.

"MY CABIN- NOW!" came the angry reply.

A lot of the other employees wondered if Arthit stayed calm because he knew that would irk Kongpob even more. But Arthit himself always vehemently denied these accusations.

Arthit followed his boss into his cabin, a sleek minimalist space, carefully designed by Kongpob himself.

"Why are the files from the recent deals of our overseas branches so inconsistent? Who is managing them?"

"I have already contacted our managers overseas. They will be sending me consistent reports soon."

Kongpob looked calmer now. "Okay."

"Anything else?"

"Get me an americano please. I am getting a headache."

Arthit raised an eyebrow. There was this business gala that Kongpob was supposed to attend that evening, and he hated the mere thought of having to plaster on a smile and talk to people.

"Ughh stop looking at me like that! I honestly am getting a headache. I am not faking it."

"I didn't say anything." Arthit replied, hiding his smile. Kongpob was like a small child, he would throw tantrums and use silly excuses but that's what made him more adorable to Arthit. In fact it wasn't his greek god-like appearance or his dominant male behaviour that made Arthit's heart flutter. It was these moments where he acted like a small child- they were adorable.

Arthit silently walked over to Kongpob and pressed his hands against the latter's temples, making small circular movements so as to relieve him of his headache.

Kongpob relaxed under Arthit's touch, like he often did- it was like Arthit could make his mind calm. Kongpob was aware he was a difficult person to be around, even his own mother couldn't stand the thought of being around him 24/7. But here was Arthit, always being around him.

Sometimes Kongpob wondered why Arthit even put up with him. Yes, Kongpob had pretty much dragged Arthit into his own house so that did ease the latter of having to pay rent but that wasn't reason enough to stick around a man like Kongpob for 8 long years.

Kongpob's gratitude made him more humane towards Arthit- he was Kongpob's companion more than a secretary. Kongpob didn't care for many people outside his family, but he did care for Arthit. He was grateful to have someone he could talk to about literally anything- from work to his family.

In fact, his family had pretty much begun to consider Arthit as one of their own. Family dinners were not complete unless Arthit was present. Three years ago, when Arthit had first moved in (under Kongpob's orders, of course), he had been awkward about the invitation to a family dinner and had politely declined. So when poor Kongpob turned up at his father's mansion without Arthit, he was turned away and asked to fetch Arthit right then.

Since then Arthit had always been there for family dinners, mainly to save Kongpob the trouble of having to go back to fetch him, because Kongpob's mother was a force to be reckoned with. If she said Arthit had to be present, then Arthit had to be present- no questions asked.

Kongpob was aware of the rumours surrounding the two of them- a classic office romance. But Kongpob just wasn't inclined that way. He was as straight as a ruler. Not that he and Arthit would be a thing if Kongpob was inclined that way, that was a weird thought to entertain.

"You should catch some sleep Kong, you were up all night last night."

Kongpob nodded, He was already dosing off. Arthit's hands were just so soft and cool and it felt really good when he was massaging his throbbing head.

Arthit smiled watching Kongpob's eyes shut. "Get on the couch Kong." He said softly.

Kongpob shook his head. It was too far away. He just wanted to sleep right there.

And that's just what he did. He drifted off to sleep right there, with his head on the table.

**************

Was it weird and difficult to be staying with the man you were in love with, especially when said man was your boss? Yes. Very.

But Arthit enjoyed it. He got to get Kong dressed up for work everyday and make him breakfast and Kongpob came home to him and they shared the day's stories over dinner. Arthit knew all there was to know about Kongpob's friends and Kongpob knew about his. He had even attended Kongpob's best friend Aim's wedding last month. He had gone as Kongpob's plus one. It was ridiculously exciting to Arthit, even though he knew it was only because Kongpob didn't want to go through the headache of finding a woman to go with.

Arthit had always known Kongpob's sexual preferences. That honestly made things easier for Arthit- he never had any expectations of his affections being returned. He could just be a one sided lover in peace.

And the best part was that he never had to worry about Kongpob finding out about his feelings- that man was as oblivious as they come. A slice of bacon would probably be less oblivious.

Kongpob treated him like family. And for Arthit, that was more than enough. It was much more than Arthit had ever expected when he had first started working for Kongpob. They were friends and Arthit liked that.

Arthit was obviously not a pious saint, and he had those moments when he fantasised about being the object of Kongpob's desires. He wondered about what would please Kong sexually. He wondered if Kong would ever look at him like he looked at his romances, and he knew the latter would never.

But sometimes, Arthit let himself dream. Especially when Kongpob had a new romance or a passionate fling- Arthit would dream of being the one in Kongpob's arms and bed. And then he would sigh and book the best table and the best room for Kongpob and his lady.

Sometimes he would go for a fuck, and imagine the random stranger fucking him was Kong. He used to like sex before he met Kong, now it was just something to get his mind off things. He could never fully focus on the act, and then there was this ridiculous feeling of disgust that came after. He would spend hours in the shower trying to wash off the stranger's touch.

Would Arthit ever tell Kongpob how he felt? Maybe yes, someday in the distant future, when Arthit's stupid heart didn't quicken every time Kongpob breathed near him.

"What if that day never comes?" Arthit's friend, Knot had once asked him.

Arthit had shrugged. If it never came, Kongpob would never know. That's it. 

*********************

A light office romance for y'all! Ft a dumb and clueless Kongpob and a ridiculously calm Arthit.

Yours lovingly, 

Peraya_yeah