2

"Arthit! Where is my wallet?? And the other red tie? I don't want this one!" Kongpob asked Arthit as he buttoned up his shirt. The latter was just laying out their breakfast. Of course Kongpob could afford to keep a full time cook, and he did have one before Arthit started living with him. Arthit liked cooking so Kongpob got rid of the cook. And he had to say, Arthit's food tasted much much better.

"Eat first. I'll get your things."

Kongpob was aware of how homely it all was- all his friends said that he and Arthit were practically married. And Kongpob had to agree with them. All that was missing was a marriage certificate.

Once he had told Arthit that had he been gay, he would definitely have fallen in love with Arthit and then they'd get married and adopt cats.

Arthit had laughed so hard, tears had rolled down his cheeks. Kongpob had been offended- what was so hilarious about them getting married?

Kongpob looked down at his food- brown bread toasted just the way he liked, with some butter, not too much, not too little, and scrambled eggs. It was something that he would definitely like to have on his plate even 40 years from now. It was familiar and comforting and homely, like the person putting the food on his plate knew all about him and loved him anyway.

That's how Arthit made him feel. Kongpob glanced at Arthit, who was happily sipping some pink milk, and smiled. Sometimes Kongpob thought that the only person he'd like to get old with was Arthit. Because Arthit knew him, his likes and dislikes, his habits and behaviours. It was comfortable- something that would be really nice when they were 70.

It wasn't like Kongpob didn't know about Arthit. But Kongpob couldn't cook to save his life, so he could never cook for Arthit, but Kongpob could get someone to make something for Arthit just the way the latter liked it. Be it food or things.

They were good together, and they fit like the pieces of a jigsaw.

As Kongpob stuffed his mouth with the scrambled eggs, he moaned. Arthit made the best scrambled eggs. No one could ever make scrambled eggs like Arthit.

Arthit noticed him and smiled warmly. It somehow also warmed Kongpob's heart. It was like the sun on a cold evening. That's what Arthit was to Kongpob.

*****************

"Why don't they just tell us that they are dating? This is a pointless charade..." Som mumbled to herself as she saw her boss and his secretary enter the building together. She had been working at the reception for the past 4 years and she knew for a fact that those two were dating.

Please, they were so fucking obvious!

Arthit would deny it with his life, and Som obviously could not ask Mr Sutthiluck, but she would swear on her own life that they were in love with each other.

"Sawatdee khap p'Som!" Arthit greeted her cheerfully. She greeted both of them. Arthit almost crashed into her desk and Kongpob's arm swiftly wrapped around his waist, pulling him to safety. They looked at each other and seemed to communicate with their eyes.

Som sighed. Why could she not have an office romance? Why must she witness this very blatant disregard for single people?

Grumbling under her breath, she brought her attention back to her work. 

********************

Kongpob's phone pinged with an incoming text. The sender's name displayed on his screen brought a smile to his face.

'Khun Sutthiluck- How are you, my mate?? It's been ages since I last saw you! I will be in Thailand for a few weeks for a particular exhibition. I hope you will bestow me with some of your precious time!'

Jade Daniels. Jade was among Kongpob's closest friends during their MBA course in the US. Later, Jade gave up the corporate world to follow his passion of clicking photographs of nature.

It had honestly been a long time since he last saw Jade. And it would be fun to meet his friend after so long.

He texted back a quick reply, asking for the details of his visit, then he rang for Arthit.

When the latter entered the office, he was surprised to see Kongpob looking so excited.

"What's the matter?" Arthit asked.

"I need you to clear my schedule for the upcoming week. One of my best friends from the US is visiting, and I want to spend some time with him."

Arthit nodded. "Anything else?"

Kongpob shook his head.

As Arthit started to leave, Kongpob said, "Do you have something to do?"

"Huh?"

"I mean, do you want to take a break from me and go somewhere else? You can take the week off if you want."

Arthit laughed. "I literally live in your house Kong. How can I take a break from you? I don't plan on taking a week off. You can spend time with him, I will handle the work in the office."

"No, if you aren't going to take a week off, you will join us. I plan on taking him to Phuket anyway, you can visit your parents too. I miss your mom's pad kra prao anyway."

Arthit hid his smile and nodded. Kongpob was a favourite of his mom's. Especially since he complimented her cooking so much.

"Okay, I haven't been home for quite some time now. My mom will be delighted to have you."

She was absolutely over the moon when Kongpob had tagged along for the first time, about 2 years back. And since then, Arthit and Kongpob always went to Phuket together to meet Arthit's parents. They usually stayed there for a weekend and then came back.

Arthit thought it was really nice of Kongpob to take time to come visit his family even though he didn't have to do that. But the latter always insisted Arthit's family was his family just as his family was Arthit's family.

It was cute. And very domestic. Arthit liked that. A lot. 

Kongpob was happy- seeing his friend after such a long time was surely very amazing, but he was also happy that he'd get to spend some time with Arthit's family. His mom was like Kongpob's second mom and he loved her a lot.

But little did Kongpob know, the arrival of Jade would turn his life upside down forever.

***************

I hope y'all enjoy this book. It's nothing heavy on the emotions, so I hope it will lighten y'all up too hehe

Yours truly

Peraya_yeah