Serendipitous - 12

Serendipitous (adj.)
English
Definition- Occurring or discovered by chance in a happy or very beneficial way
Pronunciation- sair-in-dip-it-chis
____
__PETER'S POV__
I awoke in my bunk empty handed. My arms sprawled out, empty. My arms had goosebumps because Kadei was gone and her warmth went with her.

This is how the worst day of my life started.

I would do anything to swap our places. I love her too much. I wish I had died instead.
_____
I hopped out of my bunk and the all the rest of the initiates were gone. Where the hell was Kadei and why didn't she wake me up so I could go with her? What if she was taken? Silently somehow? I don't know. I knew I looked groggy but I didn't really care I was going to eat breakfast and then go look for her.

Shit. It's stage 3 today so I can't. I pinched my eyes to the bridge of my nose and brainstormed of what to do.

She wouldn't just leave me here alone

She wouldn't just leave me here alone. Unless she was threatened. Fuck. I'm not hungry anymore. At all.

You don't know for sure yet. If you can't find her around here, ask other people if they know where she is and if they don't, you can officially say she was threatened or taken...or killed. I said to myself.

I ran out of the dorm and sprinted to the treehouse. I clambered up the wooden steps and peeled my head inside. "Kadei?" No answer. Fuck. I ran back to Dauntless HQ, out of breath.

I checked the dining hall last because it was finally breakfast time. Everybody was there...except for Kadei. I ran up to Four and sat down quickly,
huffing and puffing. I couldn't talk though, I was breathing too much, too fast and too heavy. My worst fear was in real life...possibly.

Four stared at me wide-eyed. "Jesus Christ Peter what's wrong??" I slowed my breathing as much as I could but I spoke too fast and the words slurred together. "Ka-i-go-an-i-can-fi-he-a-i-thin-sh-wa-tken." I was too scared to move anymore. I started jumping to conclusions and it ended up with my head in my hands, bawling uncontrollably.

If she really is gone and dead, my life is over. I have nothing to live for anymore and I would never recover from her death. Ever. ...I would end mine to be back with her.

I stopped thinking and looked back at Four. He was wearing a hard, determined stare.