Chapter 48

MIKAEL RENMARR VARZON

It was very hard for me to see Laviña leaving me. Alam kong ito ang kailangan niya at ayaw kong maging duwag at makasarili. I trusts her and when she told me that she have trust in me as well melted me.

I knew from the start that she's very confident as a woman. She knows how to stand on her ground and the things she wants. She knows herself well and I know her more than I should.

"Don't look at me with that kind of expression, Mikael." she warned me when we were finally at the airport.

Nakamasid lang sa 'min si tita Niña at tito Leo. Hinila ako ni Laviña palayo sa kanila at sinamaan ng tingin.

"Don't mind me-"

"Maya-maya lang ay flight na namin. May gusto ka pa bang sabihin? O baka gusto mong magpaalam din sa 'kin na mambabae ka na gayong wala ako rito sa Pilipinas-"

I didn't let her finish her statements and pulled her nape to give her shallow kisses. She gave it back to me and I almost cried when I saw her smiled.

"I love you..."

I was stunned and mesmerized when I heard her say those words. Napaawang ang labi ko at saglit na nanatiling nakatitig lamang sa kanya. Then she smiled at me and briefly kissed my cheek. Pinigilan ko ang maiyak at yinakap siya ng mahigpit.

"I love you so much, Lav."

"Oh sige na, baka malate kami sa flight namin."

Saglit ko pa siyang niyakap bago pinakawalan. I slowly kissed her forehead and whispered on her ears.

"Ikaw lang ang babae ko. Kaya huwag mong isiping-"

"I know. I trust you. Hindi rin naman ako naniniwalang sasayangin mo ang isang katulad ko. Basta pakabait ka rito."

Natawa ako sa sinabi niya. At ilang oras pa akong nanatili rito sa airport mula nung pag-alis nila.

Napawi ang ngiti ko at parang may kalahati sa 'kin ang nawala. Huminga ako ng malalim bago hinugot ang cellphone sa bulsa para sagutin ang kanina pang tumatawag.

"Where are you? Everyone's waiting for you here in mansion. Pumunta ka na rito."

"Waiting for me? What's happening there, Benjamin?"

"Your father wants you to marry Chelsey. She's crying right now as her father trying to calm her down. Bilisan mo dahil malapit nang maubos ang pasensya ni Marie. Your mother's obviously pissed with what's happening." iritado niyang sinabi bago pinutol ang tawag.

I immediately drove my car there. My father's at it again! I know our family's past with Chelsey's family. It was tragic and heartbreaking especially that my sister got involved with Chelsey's eldest brother!

I understand that they just didn't want to do the same mistake again! Our family was guilty about what happened. They don't want Chelsey to experience it and for my father's other reasons. Kahit saan sa mga 'yon o kung ano pa ay hindi ako papayag sa gusto nilang gawin!

It's only Laviña I want to marry!

"Anong kagaguhan na naman ba ito, Dad?" my cold voice dripping like acid.

"Watch your words, Renmarr! 'Yan ba ang natutunan mo sa babaeng 'yon?"

"Stop it, Jonefie!" pigil ni Mama.

Nagawa kong pasadahan ng tingin ang mga tao ngayon sa study room. Si Chelsey ay nakaupo sa pahabang sofa na tinatabihan ngayon ng kanyang ama at tinatahan. She's crying and I don't care about it. She's getting on my nerves.