𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖤𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

A month pass by in a blur, Jaemin has complete all the papers he need for residency and is just waiting for the time. He has also successfully defended his thesis which lessen the stress in his head.

"Wow. That's a lot of paper" Haechan mumbles while Jaemin gather all his papers in an envelope. He sealed it before throwing it in his drawer. He then lock the drawer, lifting himself up. "I'm going out" He calls grabbing his jacket and slipping his arm in. "Where? The roll call will start in 15 minutes" Haechan follow him to the door. "I'll be back tomorrow morning"

"What the? Are you getting laid?"

"No. I'm seeing Sulwon" He zip his jacket up. "How? Did you ask her out?" Haechan enquire. "I meant to say, I'm going out to have a meal with her. See you tomorrow" Jaemin clearly explains walking alone in the quiet hallway. "Bring me some food when you return!" Haechan follow up.

Jaemin held the bouquet of white daisy on his hand, cutting a piece and putting it on his wallet. "I should know if it's done blooming already" He smiles by himself. "Hey!" He turn his body facing Sulwon who was on top of the huge plant. Standing tall on the corner. "How did you get up there?"

"You were smiling by yourself, I thought I should surprise you but you seem to not be so scared" Sulwon explains, smiling. Jaemin chuckles following the woman who walks to the edge. "Is that for me?" Sulwon ask, not looking at him. "This? No, it's for me" Jaemin tease. "That sucks. I thought it's for me"

"Of course, it's for you. Do I look like I love flowers?"

"You really got me daisy" Sulwon smiles jumping down the height. Jaemin grunt catching the woman's weight. "You need to stop doing that." Jaemin warns. "Let's go eat" Sulwon ignores his rant, running towards the gate to leave the school property.

"But you know..." Sulwon starts while Jaemin heats their food up. "What is it?" Jaemin look up. "You're leaving in less than 2 months" She counts. "That fast? I lost track of time" The male pull off a force laugh. "Ask away" Jaemin place the utensil down, leaning on the chair. "Ask what you want to ask, since earlier"

"Can I really?" She enquire. "You can. I'll answer them gracefully" Jaemin stares at her and suddenly, Sulwon felt the tension in the table tighten so is her eyes stinging. Thankfully, it did not come visible to Jaemin and he kept his eyes set on Sulwon. "What are we?" She throw her first question. "That's number 1."

"I don't know, too. I mean, I rejected you. Do you want to be my girlfriend?" Jaemin directly ask. Sulwon gulps darting her eyes on the wooden table. "No, I don't want to." She look up. "You rejected me this time" Jaemin chuckles turning the heat off. "I don't want to feel lonely when you left." She half jokes. "Is that so? I see"

"Then, I should return as soon as possible"

"Huh?"

"That way, I could claim you with confidence when I return"

"Next question?" Jaemin raise a brow, leaning his arm on the table. "That's it" Sulwon avoids his eyes pouring her plate the right amount of food. "Did I answer them right?" Jaemin ask this time. "Yes, I guess"

Jaemin trail behind Sulwon who walk like he's invisible. The cold breeze were as cold as them after the woman's question. Sulwon did treat him like he's invisible. Or like he's never there. And Jaemin hates himself for just walking behind the woman and not saying anything.

"Are you always like this?" Sulwon question facing him. "Like what?" He ask, clueless and confuse. "You are. I'm disappointed" Sulwon turn around again, walking. "I'm not always like this" He calls making Sulwon stops and facing him again. "I want to give you time but it seems like you're all ready"

"To what exactly?"

"Me leaving. You're bidding goodbye to me" Jaemin answers. Sulwon scoffs taking huge steps towards him. "Ugh!" A grunt escape his voice feeling a huge weight on his face. He immediately catch the flower that was slap on his face. "What was that for?!" He gasp. "It's a goodbye gift. Don't see me again"

"Do you not want me to leave?"

"I don't! I don't want you to leave! Can't you feel it? I want to stop you from going but it's your dream!" Sulwon cries. "Sulwon, whether you ask me to leave or not. I'm leaving. I won't stay." He admits. "It's my Mom's dream. Sorry, I can't let you stop me" Jaemin states, his eyes boaring deep in Sulwon's orbs.  "Can't you wait for me? I promise I'll be back in 3 years. By then, please wait for me."

"I'll ask you out in a fancy restaurant and give you a lot of expensive flowers. As of now, I can't give you what you deserve"

"Wait for me. That's all I'm asking you. Wait for me and I'll be the one to give you a house, where we could live together" Jaemin continues. Sulwon took steps towards him, hitting his chest with her fist which Jaemin accepts. "You're really stupid" Sulwon glares at him. "I don't care if you won't bring me to fancy restaurants, I don't—"

"I care! I'm so embarrassed that I always have to treat you to a shaggy restaurant like this! You deserve more than this" Jaemin claims, his voice rising. "You don't deserve to eat in a chair where people sit already and you don't deserve to eat what we poor people eat. Sulwon..."

"I don't want you to go what I went through. God knows it's the last thing I want you to feel"

"You are raise in a household that you can get anything you want. I know you don't apply that to the campus and everywhere but apply it to me. Be greedy for goodness sake! Ask me to buy you expensive things! I hate myself for not being able to give you what you deserve. Fuck I feel so miserable knowing you're just going along with me" Jaemin cries, his tears falling which he yank away fast. "Jaemin, I don't need you to buy me things. I want you, not some kind of material"

"I know but Sulwon, I'm sorry"

"I can't accept you if all I have is nothing but myself. I'll be back with full confidence. I'll make sure to always fetch you in my car. That way, I could walk beside you with my head up high" Jaemin replied, letting everything out his heart. "That way you could tell everyone that your boyfriend is a full time surgeon, he's rich, he has a house, a car and loads of money"

"Please, wait for me"

"Are you really gonna return?" Sulwon question. "God. It's not even in my plan to stay there." Jaemin gasps loudly. "Then, I'll wait for you. Make sure you return. Don't let me wait for nothing!" Sulwon raise her voice. "I will. I will return"

"Who were you with?" Jeno ask. Sulwon sighs facing her brothers who stood outside the girl's dormitory. "What are you doing here, two-face?" She provokes. "I'm waiting for my sister who kept fucking my friend or should I call Na Jaemin?" Jeno fights back. "I'm envious of you. You still got the face to be all friend with Jaemin"

"I wonder what will he do if he found out you're back stabbing him?"

"Not like he can do anything about it. He's got no power, did you forgot?" Jeno grin. "He don't? Can you still say that when he return from Vancouver? Successful, rich and a surgeon" She glares. "There's a reason why the Seoul hospital won't accept him, do you want to know why?" She question. "Because..."

"You're threaten that he could outshine you, isn't it, Mr. Surgeon?"

"Na Jaemin outshine you wherever or whatever you do! He can outshine you without even trying!" She yells. "Are you sure? You're right, he wasn't accepted in Seoul Hospital because I got his position. I get it instead of him." Jeno smirks. "So, you're the second choice? Talking about cheap" She scoffs. "What did you say?!"

"Second choice. You're a second choice. Jaemin was recruited by the Vancouver Hospital director himself. That only left us with the Seoul Hospital getting you because they can't get Jaemin. After all, you're his friend. They'll think you're genius too because he hangs out with you."

"When it's the complete opposite"

"You're stupid" She finish. "Do you think he will have a spot in the main hospital when he returns? He won't. Cause from the first place, he's got no place to return to" Jeno states. "Are you sure?"

"What if when he returns and the main hospital throw you out, surgeon?"