Chapter 6

Merlin's POV

"Morana!" I raced towards the window, peering over it. She was gone. "Oh no." I skidded down the stairs and into the main room. "We need to go now!" I paused. "Where's Red Shoes?"

"In her room, what's this about?" Arthur asked.

"Evelyn is gone."

"How? She was just in her room?"

"She-... it doesn't matter how! We need to find her, she's gonna get herself killed. Get ready." They all stood and split into their own rooms. I snatched my satchel off a hook in my own room, containing all of my spells. The look on her face, the fear that filtered through, I've never seen someone so scared in their life, it was as if she was a child placed in a dark room.

"She kinda looks like you."

I should've said something, done something, anything to prevent this. I let out a shaky breath.

"Merlin!" Hans swung the door open.

"What is it?"

"Evelyn isn't the only one missing, Red Shoes is gone." My eyes snapped open. What the Hell?

"How long?"

"At least ten minutes, but we need to go, we're all ready." I looked towards a shelf next to my bed, a blade rested upon the wood. I grabbed it and tucked it into my belt.

"Let's go." We ran out of the house and into the forest, each carrying our own small lamp.

"Why would Evelyn run away!?" Jack yelled.

"You all frightened her! Calling Princess Moranavine a witch drove her off the edge!"

"That doesn't make any sense!" Arthur shouted.

"Trust me! You'll find out soon enough!"

"AHH!" We all stopped after hearing such a high-pitched scream.

"Itsa Red Shoes!" Noki was first to speak. "Over there!" Pino and Kio pointed west. We rushed in the direction of her scream, it sounded like she was in trouble, not a good sign.

"Moranavine!" It was Red Shoes, she called out to her, so she knows, that must mean they were both in trouble. Time slowed as a giant wooden creature zoomed past us, we all looked at where it ended up, Morana was standing in front of Red Shoes, protecting her. The creature was approaching with ferocious speed.

"They need our help!" Jack seemed almost frightened. I grabbed a talesman and we were all ready to charge, only to be too late, my feet felt tethered to the ground and I could only watch.

"Is... Evelyn doing that?" The wind began to pick up, it sounded like tiny whispers in the air, the leaves of the trees blew ferociously and the grass swayed, Morana's cloak flowed in the wind as a warm ball of yellow power formed in the space between her hands.

"She has magic?" It grew and grew until she cried out and sent it hurling towards the bunny. The trees were destroyed that dare lay in her power's path, but the sphere could only go so far before dissipating, luckily the bunny was out of sight, we couldn't see it anymore. There was a visible difference between her stance just moments before, as if she was floating now she looked to be pulled into the ground. Morana fell to her knees and let out an exhausted sigh.

"Morana!" Red Shoes kneeled in front of her, pulling her head up. I looked at my friends, only to be returned with shocked faces as if I had struck them with my own lightning.

"That's Princess Moranavine?" Hans asked. The force I felt earlier was gone and we all ran up to the two.

"Morana look at me!" Red Shoes sounded desperate. We formed a close circle around the two, wanting to help but unsure what to do. She opened her lidded eyes a bit more and Red gasped. "Your eyes! Are you okay?"