Chapter 3

Aiden's Pov:
Guilt will always be with me for a while as she would've never expected this to happen to her. I would make it up to her with a better life, I just needed her to believe that.

She goes to open the bedroom door as I followed her outside. I made my way in front of her to take her to the cafe downstairs. The kitchen landscape was constructed like a coffee shop you would see in Italy. The colours were black and a linen-flint lighting, there was a counter with a cash register with several coffee machines behind it, with workers attending to customers.

"Where do you want to sit?" I ask.

"I don't mind you can choose." She says, as I slid into the booth beside us. We were both sitting on opposite sides facing each other, just in complete silence.

"Are you hungry?" I asked her.

"Erm, no I'm good. I-I'll just get a coffee." She responds, a small stutter coming forming from her words. I nod at her and call over a waiter to get the food prepared. Before a woman made our way over to our table, she sprayed some mint breath refresher as she pats down her uniform and a huge smirk appearing on her face.

"Good morning Mr Romano, h-how are you feeling?" She asked me, I already knew who she was and she was a pain in the ass. Pretty sure her name was like Amelia but got a few occasions she's tried to hook up with me. Obviously being declined.

"I'm doing find Amelia, erm.. I'll take a black coffee and just a poached egg with a side of bacon and ciabatta." I tell her.

"I-its Julia Mr Romano, my name is Julia not Amelia." she corrects me, I look at her in annoyance as I couldn't care less.

"Amelia will be fine sir.". A small flirty voice coming in at the end of her voice.

"What would you like love?" I asked Victoria, gazing at the brown eyes she had.

"Just a coffee would be great." she breaks eye contact to smile up at Julia. She seemed very tense as she kept fidgeting with her fingers and her body was all tensed up. I was guessing she was feeling she was in an awkward position.

"Is that all you want? Aren't you hungry from last night?" I asked.

"No really I'm fine, a coffee is all I need." She smiles politely at me then to her lap as she continues to fiddle with her finger nails and picking them at the corners. The waiter storms off over to the counter as she speaks quietly to the lady serving the customer at the cashier.

"Is this a public cafe?" She asks softly, I guess it is a big strange to have a cafe in my house.

"Yes it is. It's mainly for college students to study during their spare time or just regular people." I answer, her face kind of showing a questioned look.

"That's a bit strange but I guess it's a erm.. polite gesture." as a small smile appears at the end of her lips and a small pink-redish colour appearing on her cheeks. Being too focused at the girl in front of me, I noticed on the black turtleneck, a simple silver band wrapped around her neck. It had a grey viper pendant as the accessory, probably representing her parents mafia. She noticed me staring at the silver so she looked down to it as well. The Vipers and my mafia weren't real 'business partners' but I did know a bit about them and that they had a one daughter. I have to say the necklace was beautiful. It was unique but also made me have some questions along with it. Knowing that Victoria was kept away from the mafia, I found it unusual they gave the necklace if she was being kept away from the mafia.

"It was my grandmas necklace. It represented she was in our Mafia and since my father doesn't wear necklaces, my mother gave it to me when I was old enough." She tells me. She continued talking-