chapter 6

Aiden's pov:

Dark, rippling blood poured beneath him as he started to choke. Death is just like a clock ticking, but the time is ticking to someone's death. Just like Marcus Mayfair's death, who has been dispatched into a grave and the crime scene cleaned. By tomorrow everyone would forget about the incident and we could all go back to our normal lives. But I know that would be hard for her to forget.

The first stage of death is denial or isolation. And in this case it was denial.

"No-no-no-no-no-no. You're joking right? You can not be that insane, to just murder someone Aiden?

......

"Aiden? Respond to me please." Victoria's voice was already starting to crack from the grief of someone she thought was an innocent man, but he was far from that.

The next stage of death is anger, she definitely had that.

"Fuck you Aiden, he did nothing wrong. You just got so freaking jealous that I had interests with someone who was the same sex as you." If she wasn't angry before she is now. At this point there was no way of stopping her from trying to tell the public but I would try.

The third stage of death is bargaining - which means you feel helplessness.

That's when she started breaking down, she was on the floor with her head tucked in her knees and started sobbing uncontrollably. I bent down on my knees as I hugged her but she sort of fell into a lying down position on me, but we won't say why I let out a groan during that.

The fourth stage of death is depression. She sort of had it but wasn't showing it too much.

We slept in seperate beds that night as I lied in bed that night, processing the chaos that occurred today. I:
-stalked Victoria today
-stalked Marcus's whole life
-well, killed him
-came home drenched in blood
-had several fights with Victoria
-now sleeping as if nothing happened
well that's what I thought it was like. For me it wasn't bothering as much as it should be but for her it was for sure affecting her.

I couldn't fall asleep, normally I would have her next to me to cradle her in my arms but tonight was different. It had become overly hot as I started taking clothes off, first my shirt than my trousers so I was just in my boxers. I went back into bed but it still didn't feel right. So I did what every sane man would do, I went to go get her. I stood up and walked towards her room but what I saw wasn't what I expected. As I stood out of the doorway in my room, I saw a Victoria in a black tee making her way over to mine. I hid behind the door as I didn't want her to see me so I quietly stepped back into bed without the floor making small creaking noises. I waited for a few seconds as I heard the floor board creak as small ones appeared with every footstep she made. She opened the white covers and lied down on the other side.

Did I mention it was raining the entire time? Well it was. As the rain smoothed the atmosphere down from today. By the time I woke up it was already morning. But there was still one more stage of death.

The last and final stage of death is acceptance. Where the person is finally able to come to peace and accept what has happened.

The bed felt empty as I looked over to her side for her presence to not see it. I arched my head back into the pillow with a groan escaping my throat. My eyes were sore and my face felt numb for a random reason.

I had made it down the stairs as I see the brunette, wearing a white robe over her body. As she was looking down at the bowl on the table with a spoon in her hand I walked on over to her and sat on the stool next to her. She placed the spoon back in the bowl as her eyes darted to my forehead. I gave a concerning look before I touched my forehead with my fingers, dry but damp blood, staining them.