6

beomgyu is making efforts to run away from yeonjun. again.

like how beomgyu goes an extra mile to beg taehyun to shift in the car with yeonjun and soobin and take his place. taehyun gives him a firm no to that, but beomgyu makes a particular face that no one can resist. and so now, beomgyu and hueningkai travel together. when taehyun joins yeonjun and soobin to their car, yeonjun frowns. where was beomgyu? yeonjun wanted to sit with beomgyu and then directly ease him into talking to him the moment they got home.

"where's beomgyu?" yeonjun asks taehyun, who just sighs before giving him an answer.

"refused to travel in this car." taehyun informs. "he begged me to shift cars with him. so i'm here."

taehyun and soobin watch as yeonjun's expression falters heavily, like all his hopes were crushed. yeonjun gives taehyun a little heartbroken nod, and gives him space to get into the car. yeonjun just stares out of the window with a blank look on his face throughout the ride. taehyun and soobin try to talk to him but yeonjun wavers it off.

"no need to pity me, you guys." yeonjun had said. "it's no big deal."

except it was a very big deal to yeonjun. from the beginning, yeonjun didn't know what kept beomgyu away from him. one morning he wakes up and he's just alone. no beomgyu in bed with him. alright, maybe he just needs some space. i don't need to be so clingy. but for how long? yeonjun is a little tired of it all.

they get off their car and soon behind them appears beomgyu and kai's car. yeonjun watches as beomgyu tip toes out of the car with his hand attached on hueningkai's hoodie, looking like he's very clearly trying to get away from yeonjun. he doesn't want to allow it anymore. yeonjun leaves his bag in the car in a hurry, in order to follow beomgyu into their dorm.

yeonjun's the third person to enter the dorm. he sees hueningkai plop on the sofa in the living room and watches beomgyu walk over to his room a little too quick for his own good. this is it. yeonjun thinks. now is the time.

"beomgyu." yeonjun calls out, and oh- how the name rolls off so easily off his lips. he hasn't said beomgyu's name out loud in ages, especially not to call him out. yeonjun finds him smiling a little at that. "beomgyu." he repeats louder this time, and beomgyu has no other choice but to look back and acknowledge his hyung calling out to him.

he turns back and looks at yeonjun, who's staring back just as intensely at him. "do you have time?" yeonjun asks, very well knowing that beomgyu was free. he knew beomgyu's schedules like the back of his palm. beomgyu was only going to sleep now.

"i-uh-" beomgyu stutters, unable to give him an answer. he doesn't want to lie, but he doesn't want to speak the truth either. yeonjun looks at him, and beomgyu gulps. yeonjun's gaze looks scary, intimidating even, for someone who's just declared beomgyu as their favourite on camera boldly.

"yes?" the tone is a demanding one. beomgyu is slightly scared of what is to come.

"i'm going to sleep now, actually..." beomgyu begins, looking down quickly to avoid eye contact. speaking like this is so much better. "maybe tomorrow, hyung-"

"no." yeonjun objects almost instantly. "you're coming into my room, now ." and it's more like an order, so beomgyu doesn't dare to say no. he gulps harshly as he follows yeonjun into his room. he thinks he's in trouble, when it's quite the opposite.

yeonjun slams the door the moment beomgyu steps in. hueningkai watches and giggles at taehyun when he sees the scene. soobin breathes out in relief.

"i hope they're able to knock some sense into each other." soobin sighs.

|

"beomgyu." yeonjun speaks a little loudly to catch beomgyu's attention. "will you talk to me or not?"