7

beomgyu says yes to heeseung.

after creating the biggest scene in front of the maknaes and soobin about being so disappointed in heeseung declaring his feelings for him, beomgyu goes ahead and says yes to heeseung. which means that beomgyu is dating. dating someone who isn't yeonjun. and dating means that beomgyu is taken. taken by heeseung. not yeonjun. beomgyu is taken, and yeonjun is single.

yeonjun takes in two whole hours to process this information. he's pretty sure that he and beomgyu fell asleep side by side last night. but what he doesn't remember is when beomgyu gets away. because when he's up, the bed feels awfully empty.

if yeonjun was honest enough, after last night, he thought that he had the slightest bit of chance with beomgyu. they weren't going to avoiding each other anymore, and maybe, just maybe yeonjun could take up the right moment and confess to beomgyu. but apparently not. because beomgyu was dating now, and had a boyfriend and the said boyfriend wasn't yeonjun. great.

"where's beomgyu?" yeonjun asked groggily the moment he woke up and didn't find beomgyu on the bed with him, as he steps into the kitchen where taehyun and soobin look like they're seconds away from making out. "did he go somewhere?"

taehyun and soobin exchange one knowing glance, and yeonjun knows that something is up. obviously, there needs to be something, because beomgyu doesn't wake up if he's not asked to. plus, they cleared out things yesterday, so beomgyu should be carefree and not worry about anything. right?

"about that..." soobin begins, and yeonjun prepares himself for bad news. he's sure of it, buy the way taehyun frowns and soobin looks nervous. "i thought you two made up last night?"

yeonjun blushes a little at the thought of last night, but not wanting to be teased by the younger ones of the household, he clears his throat and attempts to behave normally. "uh, yeah." yeonjun says, trying not to be too happy for the boys to catch his excitement. "we dealt it out. no more tension in the group."

"apparently not." taehyun mumbles, and before yeonjun can frown enough and question at that, soobin grabs him by his shoulders sturdily. yeonjun blinks once and then twice, and he has no idea what is going on.

"yeonjun hyung." soobin says. "i don't know what you two have done in your room last night-" yeonjun halts soobin to whine a 'gross!', "-but beomgyu has said yes to heeseung."

soobin's grip on him loosens, and then disappears completely. he takes two steps back, and allows yeonjun to process the information all by himself. but yeonjun doesn't. instead he just chuckles it out, and then laughs a little louder. taehyun frowns excessively. this cannot be good.

"good joke." yeonjun says, and then when soobin and taehyun's faces do not come down to a smile, yeonjun knows he's in deep waters. he has two pairs of pitiful eyes on him and he hates it. he hates it that beomgyu chose heeseung over him , who's always been around him. yeonjun even has a hard time speaking about it. he doesn't think he can speak about it. "did beomgyu...really..."

"i'm sorry, hyung." soobin apologises, as if someone is dead and his voice is full of sympathy. yeonjun's been getting that awfully lot of times in the past few days, and it's fair to say that he absolutely hates the feeling of being pitied over something like beomgyu.

"uh yeah, that's okay." yeonjun manages to say, when it's clearly not. all the hope that he had built from last night has come breaking down, and now yeonjun is back at square one. he hates it. "is he out?" yeonjun asks again.

soobin nods in reply. "yeah he's out with uh, er-"

"i said it's okay, soobin-ah." yeonjun says a little aggressively. "you can say his name. heeseung-ah is our friend, i'm happy for him." no, i'm not. yeonjun thinks, and soobin already knows. yet they all choose not to say something, and when yeonjun mumbles a small 'i'm sleepy, gonna take a quick nap.', no one questions it.