TBD 26

Please vote for the next chapter:).

"What would you like to discuss, dad?"

I sat down on the sofa in his office at our home, although I can't recall the last time I was here because he was constantly at work.

"I learned what happened." Kuya Dion must've told him what happened.

I sighed and looked in his direction.

And? He discovered it too late.

He groaned.

"I am aware of my mistake. I know it's selfish, but that's the only way I've found to feel better and be okay once more. I distracted myself from work to forget the pain I was experiencing.."

"I am aware that your grand-mère said nasty comments about me, calling me an idiot, but I just fell in love hija.."

"I'm sorry, I should have filed an annulment a long time ago if I had known that your mother was abusing you.."

"You'll do that one out for me?"

"Of course, my dear, you are my daughter and I will do anything for you if doing so is the only way to keep this family safe. You are also my top priority. In fact, the love I once had for your mother was replaced with anger and rage the instant I discovered what she had done to you. She made me look dumb after everything I had done for her and Suzy, so I'm not going to let her have any power over anyone in our family."

When he held me and brushed my hair, tears started to come out of my eyes.

I started crying again, but this time it wasn't over my mom and Suzy or what had happened earlier. Instead, I was crying over all the painful things I had gone through in the past.

I can recall being a child.

I put a lot of effort into my studies in order to earn his time and the hug I've been craving. I never realized a hug could make me feel this heartbroken and happy at the same time, but this was all I wanted.

All the discomfort and anxiety I had disappeared when I was in my father's arms because it felt so good and wonderful.

Ganito pala ang yakap ng isang ama?

Ganito pala kapayapa ang yakap ng isang ama?

Iyon ang ginawa ko noong gabing iyon. Umiyak ako ng umiyak. Hanggang sa nakatulog ako.

Kinaumagahan ay gaya ng sinabi ni grand-mère ay dumating nga si grand-père.

"Grand-père!" Mabilis ko siyang niyakap ng mahigpit.

My grand-père may seem scary, but believe me when I say that he was the most loving and encouraging grand-père I've ever known. And even at the age of 60, he is still strong and able to walk normally, despite having greatly aged.

"Dad.." lumapit si dad at niyakap si grand-père.

"Wheres your mom?"

"You're late!"

"Mon amour.."

But I was shocked when grand-mère punched grand-père in the shoulder.

"Don't even call me that and talk to your Idiot son! Sayo nag mana ang anak mo! Pareho kayong sakit sa ulo!" Saka dumerecho sa dining room si grand-mère.

Si dad naman ay natawa.

"You okay dad?" Dad sighed and put his hand on grand-père's shoulder.

"Why does that woman still punch hard at her age? oh my women!"

At hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili ko at natawa. Magkaakbay kami ni dad na pumasok sa dining room. Habang si grand-mère ay tinarayan si grand-père na napakamot nalang sa ulo.

My grand-père and grand-mère's relationship is so adorable.

"Where's Dion?"

"He left early."

"For what dad?"

"To visit your mom and sister."

"Ugh talking about that bitch makes me loose my appetite."

"And I also sent her the annulment papers." Gulat na napatingin ako kay dad.

That fast?

Napapalakpak naman si grand-mère.

"Sa lahat ng sinabi mo ngayon lang ako natuwa sa lumalabas sa bibig mo."

Napailing si grand-père.

"Are you okay son?"

"I'm fine dad. Na realized ko na there are greater and important things na dapat ko pag tuunan ng pansin." Saka siya tumingin sa akin at ngumiti kaya ngumiti rin ako.

It was all really new. I don't want to wake up from a dream this beautiful.